No announcement yet.

Greatness of MMOs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have heard Vanguard has been dumbed down a lot also.

Jon Miller
    Jon Miller-
    I AM.CANADIAN
    GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Originally posted by Sn00py
      But curtsibling, as the article I posted states, you ARE most of the time playing in single player. It's just that you are doing it amongst other people who are (most of the time) playing the game as a single player.

I too don't like to play multiplayer, when I play WoW I play by myself, do my own thing, I only encounter other players once in a while, but I never interact with them.

Never say never until you have tried it. (And yes I have tried interacting with people, ok smartarses?)

Edit: Trust me, curtsibling, as far as Single Player immerseness goes, I don't think many can beat WoW, I too am one of those kinds of people and I can tell you that WoW will suck you in like a 1cm hole in a window of a spaceship.
      I can see you are a WoW fan!

I like fantasy games in most forms, but the prospect of a never-ending
      steam of "PWNT! OGM! LOL!" messages from other players fills me with dread.

I do agree that the level of interaction in multiplayer games is really up to the player.

http://sleague.apolyton.net/index.php?title=Home
      http://totalfear.blogspot.com/

Comment

I have heard Vanguard has been dumbed down a lot also.

Jon Miller
        Yes indeed.

From http://vgplayers.station.sony.com, March 22, 2007
        The following two updates will be going live with the next server restart:

Adventuring Kill Experience Update

Experience rates for killing NPCs have been increased significantly. The experience changes start as a small amount at low levels and scale up to a large amount in the early twenties. From then on, the increase remains fixed. This increase should be very noticeable for players above level fifteen. This change is in response to actual player leveling times not meeting our original target times within many different subsets of the player population. This increase will bring us much closer to our goal without exceeding it.

NPC Hit Points

Challenge level two and three NPCs have had their hit points reduced at levels above ten. The reduction will be small, but it will increase slightly each level.
        This translates to "We increase reward while lowering risk". After reading this, I cancelled my subscription. It's running out April 3rd, but I haven't played for almost a week now.

Comment

Oblivion was infamously dumbed down too.

But that was but one of many gameplay problems that made me sell my copy in one week.

Comment

Originally posted by curtsibling

I do agree that the level of interaction in multiplayer games is really up to the player.

Fear not! I don't ever see that kind of talk. And if you want to turn off the chat, you can. Mine is on, but I don't even see it, my mind subconsiously blocks that portion of the interface out. hehe
            be free

Comment

Originally posted by curtsibling
              Oblivion was infamously dumbed down too.

But that was but one of many gameplay problems that made me sell my copy in one week.
              Oblivion is an abysimal game with a horrible interface. I tried my best to like it, but it's just too bad.

Comment

I will try Lord of the Rings Online... and than maybe Warhammer? But this is threadjack.

Jon Miller
                Jon Miller-
                I AM.CANADIAN
                GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Originally posted by Sir Ralph

Oblivion is an abysimal game with a horrible interface. I tried my best to like it, but it's just too bad.
                  I have to agree...Oblivion is 100% suckage.

It threw away the greatness of the Elder Scrolls franchise.

Naturally, I stick to Morrowind.

Comment

LOTRO is going to be a WoW-like game, which means you either play it in SP mode (rendering the fact that it's a MP game meaningless) or you have to deal with droves of "ZOMFG PWND LOLOL GGNORE" asshats like in WoW.

Comment

Maybe find a good group of RPers. They are generally the best of any game.

Jon Miller
                      Jon Miller-
                      I AM.CANADIAN

Comment

Sir Ralph, I'm not experiencing any of that in WoW, how come you are?

I am on a Oceania server, maybe that's why?
                        be free

Comment

Really? Then what did this statement mean?

Originally posted by Sn00py

Fear not! I don't ever see that kind of talk. And if you want to turn off the chat, you can. Mine is on, but I don't even see it, my mind subconsiously blocks that portion of the interface out. hehe

Comment

It means what it says :P I said that I don't ever see that kind of talk.

LOTRO? This is the first I have heard of it, or maybe the first I cared to bother, everytime I heard something about LOTR, I just thought its another game or another stupid expansion. I got tired of it quick. But this LOTRO looks promising, would be fun to travel around Middleearth, and looks like I won't have to wait long till the release.
                            be free

Comment

IIRC the public beta starts tomorrow.

Comment

After Vanguard I dont' Beta anymore. I know someone who got in the Beta months ago (about the same time I got in the Vanguard Beta, last Nov or before), but it woudln't run easily on his machine so he didn't try it (Lurker on CG).

It seems like it will be solo freindly like WoW. I love LOTR though, so would like to see it just for that. If I quit after a cuople months, that will be like most MMOs, and I consider them worth the money.

There is also a monster mode, where yuo can sort of 'level' up your monster. It is in a zone where players can go also, and the zone is players versus Monsters.

Jon Miller
                                Jon Miller-
                                I AM.CANADIAN

Comment

Working...
                                X