Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Supercitizen joins the fight against terrorism!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

damn Pekka...

i have few friends as well, and money is also important, but so is my free time. But doing something you enjoy AND getting paid... is priceless IMHO

so with that said i do my traditional...

:beer:
    Order of the Fly
    Those that cannot curse, cannot heal.

Comment

Sure sure.. but then you look around at the people who do the same stuff you do... Adn you notice they all have poor social skills, no life, prolly all depressed.. then you think why is this so? Slowly but surely you notice that your own social skills are somehow deteriorating, and you become more and more like them It's a scary thought. Need to break away from that.

I just need to get some gym time and it'll be ok.
      In da butt.
      "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
      THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
      "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

Pekka,

i admit most people ive known had poor social skills, no life, prolly all depressed, etc... and it made me feel better that i was somehow ABOVE them. I was the king of my little demented circle... and i DID break away from it... What is the next step? i am making a few moves for what i want to accomplish with the rest of my life. I have been lucky to be able to get these opportunities for myself AFTER all my screw ups. but i guess thats why im a survivor... and i shall SUCCEED

i dont think i want to join the government on the war on terror tho...
        Order of the Fly

Comment

Earlier, you maybe had even too many friends. As the time goes on and you have no time to do anything extra, you are constantly moving, alone, it seems that you get more and more lonely, as in you don't know anyone in this world anymore and you kind of start to lose the knowledge you have on yourself as well. Because you need to reflect it from other people as well, but when you aren't doing it, what does that make you? Do you even exist?

Deep.

Comment

It's rather just a simple observation about knowledge and human behaviour. People often get their opinions about other people based on how they compare to themselves. You are reflecting what you know and your previous experiences all the time, so you categorize people etc based on that, and ultimately you compare to yourself. So how you see the world is really extremely subjective, it literally is how you see it. So knowledge on yourself is crucial, because that being the comparison point, the construction is kind of binaric and goes both ways.

That's why you can always ask 'is that your opinion, or is that how you feel about it?'. A great way to mess up a debate if you're losing, because you can go into a vortex where the opponent doesn't know anything anymore and the debate takes kind of .. existentialist turn into madness.

Of course there are plenty of other factors, but that's one. So, if you just lose all contact to things you know, then what do you know that matters? If you live in another dimension with different way to communicate, talk and generally everything different, what you knew earlier matters very little. So you realize at that point, that you actually define yourself from that past. But who are you now, except that boy from the past or another dimension.

FOr example, you take 100 year leap. All the people you know are dead. You don't know anyone adn they don't know you. So who are you? The situation changes dramatically if you get one friend to go with you, because then you have common terms and most of all you know each other so you can reflect things in a manner that is meaningful to both and makes sense. When you take that away, aka isolate, you become more or less uncomfortable and disoriented with yourself as well.
            In da butt.
            "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius

Comment

Pekka,

that is a very interesting theory (the 100 year leap) although i think some people could overcome this. for example is one's overwhelming desire is greed... then it wont matter who he knows... the only thing that will matter will be the pursuit of power in the newfound land and time period...
              Order of the Fly

Comment

Well naturally you exist and you keep on going. You just try to adjust to the new surroundings. But the point of it is, that friends are pretty important, not just a way to spend your free time.
                In da butt.

Comment

Re: My favorite

Originally posted by pchang
                  is greeting card salesman
                  I go for chartered accountant myself. Sends people to sleep and they don't ask you any more questions about your job.
                  One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Working...
                  X