Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Supercitizen joins the fight against terrorism!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Supercitizen joins the fight against terrorism!

YEah dude

I've gotten a possible job offer, an extremely serious one. Props to my professor, who has been the voice of what I do, so few people at the last conference they were in got interested in me, serious interest.

I can't say exactly what it is that I'd do or who I'd be working for, but it's a western country, and the employer would be the country and security of it. Some hardcore analysis job with a bit of research is most likely going to be offered to me should I accept. Pretty damn cool Please, no PMs about it, the NDA would most likely be one where I'll be in serious trouble shoudl I reveal any results or methods, but it's high end stuff.

The best part, they haven't yet found anyone else who does this kind of stuff, except few in the US. I'm sure there's more, it's not that, but they haven't found anyone else, so I'm the only candidate in the near future . Perhaps I can dictate my salary? It shouldn't be too moderate.

THat wasn't the only offer I'm getting soon, the other offer was to do the same stuff, except for few fortune500 companies who are in consortium(spelling?), and they're also looking for stuff done that I do. YEAAAH BABY!

I've already laid out my requirements. I must be able to study my PhD at the same time, I must be paid private sector salary with bonuses depending what the result is. But sohuld I take either one of the new offers (both abroad), I'll be working the whole time until I reach my PhD. I ROOOOOOOOOOOOOCK! I also rule. Sometimes I dominate. But I never submit, unless she's hot.

So yeah guys, I might be working for foreign state's security (analysis side).. EU country though, so not an enemy state. I can't say I'd be depressed about this situation. I need to be paid!!!
    In da butt.
    "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
    THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
    "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

I can't say exactly what it is that I'd do [...] Some hardcore

...Randy Berliner? Live your dream

Comment

He could tell you, but then he'd have to kill you.
      Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
      "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
      He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

well my weapons would be computers and information. I think it would be cool to have the first post-grad job working for foreign gov, doing security job that you can't talk about . It would be a good start.
        In da butt.
        "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius

Comment

Actually no

I did something similar myself. I ended up with a big hole in my resume when I decided to do commercial stuff. Make sure you have a good story for future employers
          “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

Good point, but if he's doing it while going for a phd, it shouldn't be as big of an issue.
            It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
            RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Well, security job is a security job. "so what did you do?" .. "security". It's not like I have to explain a lot, or if I do, maybe that employer isn't for me.

I'm very excited that this might become true in about a year or so, because if I do that well, I might be able to do that business thing as well with the big companies. I think I need to squeeze in the time to get into China, seems like I have to turn down jobs a lot. My life is awesome.
              In da butt.

Comment

rah, definitely, but I've already stated that I won't go for 'student pay'. Which is convinient, until they find someone else to do it, which I think they won't.
                In da butt.

Comment

I wasn't talking about pay, just the possible gap on a resume that might cause problems.

Somehow if I was interviewing someone and asked about a gap and they said. "those three years I was working on a top secret project for the government so you won't be able to get anyone to verify anything"

I doubt I'd be able to take the candidate seriously after that, especially if he joked, "If I tell you, I'll have to kill you"

END OF INTERVIEW.
                  It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                  RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Hah, you know I bet I'll get a clearance from them, since the employer would be the state. As in, yes, you worked there, but you can't disclose what you did, except that you did analysis, some lecturing etc.
                    In da butt.

Comment

Com'on Rah, isn't it quite common also in the private sector, that you have a contract which extends beyond your period of employment, which prevents you from revealing your former employer's trade secrets to a new employer?
                      So get your Naomi Klein books and move it or I'll seriously bash your faces in! - Supercitizen to stupid students
                      Be kind to the nerdiest guy in school. He will be your boss when you've grown up!

Comment

Its very different

you can tell people you worked at the private employer and they will confirm it. You can tell them generally about what your responsibilities are and you cannot be sued because that information is too general to be a trade secret.

government types will not admit you even exist. You cannot even talk about responsibilities without risking criminal prosecution in some cases.
                        “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

pchang, I think they would recognize that I worked there for sure. If not? I'm not wasting my time having a blank in the resume.
                          In da butt.

Comment

Yes, in the private sector most HR departments will confirm period of employment. (which is all most of them will give)
                            In the government sector this may not be the case.
                            I would always get an agreement up front that they will confirm that you did work for them but not disclose anything else.

But If you're working towards a degree at the same time, the hole shouldn't be a big issue.
                            RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Right, but that's the double edged sword . I would be studying at the same time, however, I want to get paid like I was independent.
                              In da butt.

Comment

Working...
                              X