No announcement yet.

Gore Refuses to take Personal Energy Ethics Pledge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All they have left is denying the obvious. It's sad and more then a little pathetic.
    Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Don't make me tear open my stitches.
      "Just puttin on the foil" - Jeff Hanson

“In a democracy, I realize you don’t need to talk to the top leader to know how the country feels. When I go to a dictatorship, I only have to talk to one person and that’s the dictator, because he speaks for all the people.” - Jimmy Carter

Comment

I like all the self-styled anti-global warming geniuses. They make up some kookball ****, throw in some random scientific terms for seasoning and commence whining how evil corrupt academics ignore THE TRUTH!
        "On this ship you'll refer to me as idiot, not you captain!"
        - Lone Star

Comment

Originally posted by Jaakko
          I like all the self-styled anti-global warming geniuses. They make up some kookball ****, throw in some random scientific terms for seasoning and commence whining how evil corrupt academics ignore THE TRUTH!
          I don't think anyone here is denying it, what we're doing is calling the biggest activist out there put his money where his mouth is.
          Today, you are the waves of the Pacific, pushing ever eastward. You are the sequoias rising from the Sierra Nevada, defiant and enduring.

Comment

Originally posted by Oerdin
            All they have left is denying the obvious. It's sad and more then a little pathetic.

But whats obvious?? In the 70s there was a consensus around global cooling.

Ocean tempertures off of North America has shown some rapid changes both up and down and the scientists frankly don't know what they mean and lack the historical data to assess the commonality of such events
            You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

Originally posted by Lonestar

I don't think anyone here is denying it, what we're doing is calling the biggest activist out there put his money where his mouth is.
              Let's try this yet again Gore is putting his money where his mouth is. He is paying extra to get "green" energy, i.e. from sources which do not produce CO2.

Comment

Originally posted by Zkribbler

Let's try this yet again Gore is putting his money where his mouth is. He is paying extra to get "green" energy, i.e. from sources which do not produce CO2.
                Let's try this again, the answer is not to use only green energy but keep expended enormous amounts of it, but to reduce energy expenditures. He want's other people to do that, but he gets a pass?
                Today, you are the waves of the Pacific, pushing ever eastward. You are the sequoias rising from the Sierra Nevada, defiant and enduring.

Comment

Originally posted by Lonestar

Let's try this again, the answer is not to use only green energy but keep expended enormous amounts of it, but to reduce energy expenditures. He want's other people to do that, but he gets a pass?
                  1. Gore wants people to use offsets.

2. It's industry & commerce that matters, not private residences.

Capisce?
                  "On this ship you'll refer to me as idiot, not you captain!"
                  - Lone Star

Comment

Originally posted by Zkribbler

While that helps, do you think that say the manfacture and transporation and construction of a windmill causes zero emissions? Do you nthink there would currently be enough alternative energy sources to meet the needs of everyone?

I sincerely doubt it. So if someone pays for alternative energy it likely doesn't change the fact that for every unit of energy they use, a unit of energy is generated using hydrocarbons somewhere in the system.

I don't necessarily think that Gore's energy usage is that bad BUT I do think that a preacher of a message should at least look at his usage and acknowledge that reductions in usage is the VERY best method to reduce emissions
                    You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

• Originally posted by Flubber
                      While that helps, do you think that say the manfacture and transporation and construction of a windmill causes zero emissions? Do you nthink there would currently be enough alternative energy sources to meet the needs of everyone?

I sincerely doubt it. So if someone pays for alternative energy it likely doesn't change the fact that for every unit of energy they use, a unit of energy is generated using hydrocarbons somewhere in the system.

I don't necessarily think that Gore's energy usage is that bad BUT I do think that a preacher of a message should at least look at his usage and acknowledge that reductions in usage is the VERY best method to reduce emissions
                      So using emission-free energy causes emissions??

I suppose if Gore tried to cut down on energy usage by shooting himself in the head, someone would claim that the gasses produced from firing the bullet caused global warming and therefore Gore is a hypocrite.

With your ability to torture logic, you should get a job at Gitmo.

Comment

• Why does anyone give a **** about gore, anyways? He's a dufus.

If you want to criticize environmentalists, you could atleast look to a real environmentalist and not some airhead politician.
                        Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

• Originally posted by Jaakko
                          It's a common right wing ploy.
                          Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

• “Personal Energy Ethics Pledge”?

P.E.E.P.?

Al Gore refuses to take a PEEP?

Hell yeah, he's not a PEEP-ing Tom!
                            "In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act."
                            George Orwell

Comment

• Originally posted by General Ludd
                              Why does anyone give a **** about gore, anyways? He's a dufus.
                              Maybe, but he's been more successful with raising environmental awareness than pretty much anybody else.
                              "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
                              "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
                              "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

• Environmental awareness is good, but when cuppled with the sort of feel-good bull**** that says buying Al Gore brand products and voting democrat will save the world....
                                Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

Working...
                                X