Canadians--The Budget-- What do you think

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Victor Galis

Nor should the system be suddenly changed at the expense of shareholders.
    It wasn't suddenly changed. It was announced that existing trusts have a certain amount of time to revert. It was announced suddenly, yes. That's the way these thinks should be done. Rumours and leaks and speculation, with some people knowing and others being in the dark for extended periods of time is no way to run a ministry of finance.

Furthermore, the longer they waited, the more trusts form, the more people invested in them... the more people are hurt when the inevitable announcement was made.

There was no painless way to get this done. The least painful and most fair was ASAP after the decision was made that it had to happen.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

Originally posted by KrazyHorse
      Stop whining.
      What? I'm not allowed to harbour an irrational dislike of right-wing political parties now?

It wasn't suddenly changed. It was announced that existing trusts have a certain amount of time to revert. It was announced suddenly, yes. That's the way these thinks should be done. Rumours and leaks and speculation, with some people knowing and others being in the dark for extended periods of time is no way to run a ministry of finance.
      A loss of several thousand dollars in a single day is sudden to me.

To change the subject, my school paper also thinks post-secondary education is being shortchanged by the budget. I don't really trust them.
      "The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists."
      -Joan Robinson

Comment

Originally posted by Flubber
        Oh and my personal view?

The budget seems to be too much an election type budget for me. Money for everyone and everything to buy support. IT actually reminds me in many ways of the Liberals budget approach and is in no way a fiscally conservative budget. It seems these Conservatives are trying to squeeze out the Liberals in the centre ( by being the LIberals on most issues just with no recent history of corruption and a more articulate leader)
        Meet the new boss, same as the old boss.

Nothing new to see.
        "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
        "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
        X