No announcement yet.

The Death of a Sentient Machine...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Melt them down to their component elements and make them into ceramic kitty figurines to sell on QVC. Is that specific enough for ya?
    The cake is NOT a lie. It's so delicious and moist.

The Weighted Companion Cube is cheating on you, that slut.

Comment

Last edited by ZEE; April 22, 2011, 06:48.
      Order of the Fly
      Those that cannot curse, cannot heal.

Comment

I think a sentient AI would want to be like a cannibal. If it dies, it'd want to be eaten (parts put into) other machines. Any parts that are outdated or useless would be scrapped.

Comment

Dis, that sounds more like metal erotica and that disturbs me greatly. You got metal fever, boy! Metal fever!

Comment

Last edited by ZEE; April 22, 2011, 06:48.
            Order of the Fly

Comment

AAHZ, an advanced AI would not have the disadvantages of human stupidity. i.e. thinking we need a proper burial for our great deeds, etc.

A robot will just say "Well, I gotta go now, ciao".
              be free

Comment

Originally posted by AAHZ

that is quite clear... thanks

but what if ALL machines have AI code embedded in them... all computers, desktop and otherwise, or even simpler devices like cell phones? Think of this for a moment... we are trying to create a futuristic society... that might one day develop an ideology like religion and ceremonial burial, that humans will not like and destroy, that will put us BACKWARDS in technology by hundreds or thousands of years. By creating a futuristic society... might we be headed for a technological DISASTER? you have brought up an excellent point, DRoseDARs
                Which brings us back to, "We're doomed..."

Anyway, I don't see how not having AI will actually hamper us to the degree you seem to be suggesting. Yes, there are advantages to having AI, but there's advantages to slavery too and that's all we'd be employing if we had AIs.

Comment

Gentlemen, we can rebuild him. We have the technology. We can make him better then he was before, faster, stronger.

Comment

I don't know if you've read much of Isaac Azimov but he put out quite a few novels and short stories involving robots and artificial intelligence that covered issues like this.
                    Even a fool is thought wise if he remains silent.

Comment

Last edited by ZEE; April 22, 2011, 06:49.
                      Order of the Fly

Comment

Originally posted by AAHZ
                        by DRoseDARs
                        Anyway, I don't see how not having AI will actually hamper us to the degree you seem to be suggesting. Yes, there are advantages to having AI, but there's advantages to slavery too and that's all we'd be employing if we had AIs.

you also, are right. it WOULD appear to be a form of slavery and they might demand their freedom or more. but if it IS going to happen, what do we do about it?
                        We will do what we have always done: Nothing, until it is well-past too late. Only after a violent uprising or more low-key systemic abuses of AIs that go on unaddressed for decades or longer will we actually consider giving them freedoms equal to our own. The damage will be done either way.

Comment

of course it makes sense, it came from me.

I'm just trying to think logically. Robots and such will want to be as efficient as possible. Any usable parts from a dead robot will be recycled and reused. No sense "wasting" those parts by burying them in the ground.

Comment

Last edited by ZEE; April 22, 2011, 06:49.
                            Order of the Fly

Comment

until it becomes more efficient for humans to be out of the picture.

Comment

Which brings us back to, "We're doomed..."

Comment

Working...
                                X