Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Simpsons Movie (and the problem with being both crazy and a member of Congress)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I thought it was West Virginia in that episode?

Actually, we worked it out in High School at my lunch table, and came to the same conclusion as Dis: none of the Springfields in the country could be it. And that was years ago, before I more or less stopped watching (I'll watch it while I'm waiting for something else, but I don't bother to tune in for its own sake, it's so lame nowadays).
    1011 1100
    Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

yep, I also failed to mention the episodes where they are rafting down the river. And the Cape Fear episode. Though to be fair, they don't mention how far out of town those episodes take place. They go camping on numerous occasions.

I won't even go into the size of the mountain that Homer climbed. No such mountain even comes close. What city has a mountain that big next to it? Seattle?

I think it's time to admit. It's just a silly cartoon.

Comment

Admittedly, it's impossible for any city to really be Springfield, but KY does have a Springfield and a Shelbyville relatively close together.
        "The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists."
        -Joan Robinson

Comment

We came to the conclusion based on Marge's statement that the lighthouse is to the west of Springfield (in the soulmate episode), the references to the Civil War "Battle of Springfield," and the claim that Jebediah Springfield tamed the buffalo in the area. So it's east of the Mississippi, has a body of water large enough to warrant a lighthouse on its west side, and used to be a buffalo habitat. Pretty hard to reconcile. Or do they have lighthouses on the Mississippi?

Yeah, we were really bored at lunch in HS.
          1011 1100
          Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

Working...
          X