The Importance of Tires

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Importance of Tires

Tires are important! May save your life someday.

So, do you have crappy tires?

The stock tires that came with my car are just DANGEROUS. Goodyear Eagle RS-As. http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires....del=Eagle+RS-A

If there's water, you go gliding. Ditto for snow/ice.

I replaced these in my first winter with Michelin Pilot Alpin PA2s: http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires....ilot+Alpin+PA2
    Excellent tires! Awesome snow tires.

Last night I replaced my stock summer tires with some Michelin Pilot Exalto A/S for $900: http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires....t+Exalto+A%2FS

Also, HUGE improvement.

What a difference tires make! Exciting.
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Tyres.
    THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
    AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
    AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
    DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

I ride with good shoes

Toyo T1R

Have to buy 6 of those this year. 2 front 215/55/R16 for one baby, and 2 225/50/R16 front and 2 245/45/R16 rear for my other baby.

Geez, I cant wait til spring!!

Spec.
      -Never argue with an idiot; He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Comment

Re: The Importance of Tires

Originally posted by Asher
        Tires are important!
        What a difference tires make! Exciting.
        That is the reason why in F1 all teams must now have the same manufacturer.
        Statistical anomaly.
        The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by Spec
          I ride with good shoes

Toyo T1R

Have to buy 6 of those this year. 2 front 215/55/R16 for one baby, and 2 225/50/R16 front and 2 245/45/R16 rear for my other baby.

Spec.
          HAH! My tires are bigger!!!!!!
          "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

Is it always about size with you boys?

I'm a Goodyear Aquatread man myself. Awesome in wet and slush -- very Chicago.
            Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
            RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Originally posted by Asher

HAH! My tires are bigger!!!!!!
              Bigger maybe, but not wider.

I ride on 16inch becuase my suspension is freakin hard, so 17inch would make the drive awfully painful. And my cars are for everyday driving as well as track driving.

Spec.
              -Never argue with an idiot; He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Comment

What if you get a flat?
                THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
                AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
                AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
                DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

Bigger maybe, but not wider.
                  Who cares about girth?

Comment

Apparently, you do.

So do I, but for different circumstances.

Spec.

Comment

Apparently, you do.

So do I, but for different circumstances.

Spec.
                      I'm just making a point of me having better tires and better wheels than you do.

Comment

I used to use BF goodrich with my truck

I admit, I'm using stock tires right now. But I live in an area with no snow/ice. very little rain.

Comment

I ride with good shoes

Toyo T1R

Spec.
                          Spec, isn't about time to get a new babe
                          Attached Files
                          With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Yea, but I already know what the next one will be. Already planned to buy it in 2 or 3 years tops.

I want that Supra since it came out in 93. Hop I can get my hands on a 97 from the US. They stopped selling it in 95 in Canada.

:drool:

Wait til I get to modify that sweet sweet ride.

It comes with 320hp stock. Easily tunnable to 500hp with minor mods, no internal mods needed.

Supra

Spec.

Comment

Yeah, but the Koenigsegg is borne with 800 hp

Well, it has a minor flaws. Since it hasn't a backspoiler it acts like an untamed stallion and the price
                              With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Working...
                              X