Ww3?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ww3?

I saw a movie yesterday, dont remeber the name though. It just came out (I think) , its with Jack Nicholson, Leonardo DiCaprio and Matt Damon.
    Anyway, this thread is not about the movie, its about a comment they made about the plot. They said that in 20 years the US and China could be at war. Sure, I know, its off a movie.

But lets say the scenario becomes true. What would be the outcome of the war be iyo? Which country would take who's side? Would it be WW3? or just a war between 2 countries?

I know a lot can change in 20 years...but lets just speculate. I'd like to hear...well, read your thoughts.

Thanks.

Spec.
    -Never argue with an idiot; He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

The US would pwn.
    THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
    AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
    AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
    DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

Wars between big powers are sooo 20th century anyway.
      Blah

Comment

The US should win due to superior technology...assuming we don't keep allowing them to steal it from us.

Comment

It depends a lot on whether China upgrades its nuclear arsenal in the next twenty years. If the balance of nukes stays the same, the US will wipe out China quite easily.

Comment

Both will win their own defensive wars, if nukes aren't used.
            In da butt.
            "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
            THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
            "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

A war just between the two seems impossible. But the two being at war as a consequence of a minor member of an alliance beeing attacked by a minor member of the other alliance, that seems more possible. And in that case, the defeat will not seriously weaken the looser.
              Statistical anomaly.
              The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

Comment

US wtfpwn

Comment

1. didnt we do this one a year or two ago?

2. Why do people post would X or Y win a war, without postulating the circumstances of the wars beginning?

I mean d'uh. If we tried to conquer China, wed lose badly. If they tried to invade Hawaii theyd lose, even more badly.

The usual assumption is that the only halfway plausible war scenario is a crisis over Taiwan. At THIS time, the US would probably win (IE we would stop PRC from invading or blockading Taiwan). The question then becomes (became in that last thread) whos more vulnerable to the economic consequnce of loss of trade and investment between the two. Which gets to both A. A discussion of US domestic politics, which is not something we tend to have civilly here and B. The question of who "provoked" the crisis, China or Taiwan. IMHO the US home front would be more resilient if they saw the PRC as more clearly the "aggressor" IE disturbor of the "one China, two societies" status quo.
                  "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

Originally posted by lord of the mark
                    1. didnt we do this one a year or two ago?

Are you serious? You dont talk about things twice in a life time?

Spec.
                    -Never argue with an idiot; He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Comment

Russia would win.

Seriously, if shooting starts, the leaders of the both countries will, in matter of minutes, ask themselves, "wtf are we doing!", and send out peacefeelers. It's just soo stupid.
                      I've allways wanted to play "Russ Meyer's Civilization"

Comment

With S. Korea, Japan & Taiwan on our side we'd own China.
                        Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

such a war is impossible. Both countries have too many economic interests in each other.

Comment

The U.S. would stomp until about November. As soon as we realized their be no Christmas toys for us to import, we'd be kissing Chinese butt.

Comment

didn't we get our ass kicked by the chinese in Korea?

granted the U.S. has surpassed the world in technology since then. But still... We got our asses handed to us in Vietnam and Iraq.

Comment

Working...
                              X