No announcement yet.

The screensaver thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blank Screen or the RSS shown above (I like Euphoria and Helios).
    B♭3

Comment

I use Aurora. My screen is too big for Windows Energy (a bright, pulsating swathe of light filling up half of one's field of vision can be quite distracting).
      THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
      AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
      AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
      DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

Originally posted by LordShiva
        I wasn't serious about flying toasters, BTW.

Maybe 10 years ago.
        Betrayer!
        "In the beginning was the Word. Then came the ******* word processor." -Dan Simmons, Hyperion

Comment

It seems that Windows Vista screensavers also work on Windows XP. I'm downloading them right now.

Download Vista Screensaver Ported to XP (Patched) Build 5308 - Brings to your desktop the screensavers you could only see in Vista by turning to this lightweight application that can be handled by various users
          Let us be lazy in everything, except in loving and drinking, except in being lazy – Lessing

Comment

The CRTs had start up times, so Screen Savers made sense. The LCDs don't, so might as well just turn them off.

JM
            Jon Miller-
            I AM.CANADIAN
            GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

I know I don't need one, they just look nice
              Let us be lazy in everything, except in loving and drinking, except in being lazy – Lessing

Comment

Modern monitors don't need screensavers, IIRC.
                I've allways wanted to play "Russ Meyer's Civilization"

Comment

Originally posted by Tattila the Hun
                  Modern monitors don't need screensavers, IIRC.
                  Correct.

Back in the early days, say when Pong was around, screens could have an image burnt in if the image remained onscreen for too long....like with arcade Pong games. So screensavers came along to create moving images.

The joke is that most screensavers now--such as the popular fishtank one--consists of a basically static image (the fish tank) is which just a small part (the fish) move. Thus, they are not true screensavers.

Comment

I used to use them with password protect. Supposedly to make my computer more secure. I usually just turn off my computer if away for an extended time. Other than that, my monitor shuts off after 8 minutes automatically.

Comment

Screensavers and wallpaper are for pussies...
                      Is it me, or is MOBIUS a horrible person?

Comment

Working...
                      X