• Show
Clear All

5329 kb/s 367 kb/s

87 ms

San Jose

1350 mi

Comment

Originally posted by VetLegion

Fire up emule and give back to the world!
      I'm hosting a room on 1 server, and have another servr connection, too.

Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
      "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
      He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Spec.
        -Never argue with an idiot; He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand

I'm hosting a room on 1 server, and have another servr connection, too.

Comment

Originally posted by Asher

That has to be some kind of corporate network?
            Nope. Just a home network, cable modem in the basement, wifi laptop in the living room. Cable provider is Comcast, modem is just a standard Motorola Surfboard, router a basic Linksys.

Well, technically, we run our two corporations through this setup, so in a sense you're right.
            Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
            RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

I wasn't aware Comcast offered internet that fast.
              "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
              Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

[URL][IMG]
                Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

COMCAST UNVEILS ULTRAFAST HIGHSPEED CONNECTIONS as recently reported

I too was amazed

Gramps
                  Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

I'm using the el cheapo cable internet offered for $29,95 per month. Supposedly for $49.95 per month I can get internet twice as fast. I'm just to cheap to buy it.
                    Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

This isn't even their steroid version. Comcast high-speed advertises 8 Mbps download speed ("make lag a thing of the past") and they are definitely pitching it to gamers. You also get:

• Full Access to Game Invasion with free IGN Founders’ Club Membership, including:
                      --FilePlanet with exclusive betas, demos and mods.
                      --GameSpy Arcade, where you can battle others online with cheat-free, fast servers.
                      --IGN Insider, with strategy guides, exclusive features, high-res videos and dedicated boards.
                      Sadly, even though I'm in a major metro area, it's not available at my address.
                      For those interested: LINK
                      RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Originally posted by Spec

Spec.
                        Spec, do you have the standard Vidéotron high-speed? My Sympatico connection is a bit slower, but its unlimited.
                        Let us be lazy in everything, except in loving and drinking, except in being lazy – Lessing

Comment

Originally posted by -Jrabbit
                          This isn't even their steroid version. Comcast high-speed advertises 8 Mbps download speed ("make lag a thing of the past") and they are definitely pitching it to gamers. You also get:
                          Yes, that's well above 8Mbps what you're getting.
                          "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                          Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Yeah, I'm not sure why I'm getting so much more than I'm paying for, either.

THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
                            AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
                            AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
                            DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

Yes, that's well above 8Mbps what you're getting.
                              I know, but what can I say... I just clicked "Chicago" and that was the result.
                              On the Comcast site, I entered my address and got the "Sorry" screen.

[Please note my extreme restraint in not pointing out that my laptop is a MacBook Pro. ]
                              Last edited by -Jrabbit; March 15, 2007, 22:35.

Comment

damn mine sucks compared to yalls

Order of the Fly
                                Those that cannot curse, cannot heal.

Comment

Working...
                                X