So I know what career I will have.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Doddler

No more than a year ahead..and since I'm very happy where I am now there's no change in sight for me.
    You're happy doing night shifts? Hmmm...we'll see how long that lasts.

Yeah, it is nigh on impossible to have some kind of masterplan for years ahead - life just doesn't work out like that. Although I can try and plan the next step, and I am trying to get something sorted out for later on in the year.
    Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Originally posted by Dis
      The FBI is a good career, and you'll get a good pension when you retire.

As for your other persona, you are still young. The idea is to try several things to find out what you are good at.
      Well, she makes a pretty lousy FBI agent. She keeps forgetting to begin each sentence with a capital letter. What kind of FBI agent would make that kind of mistake??

Comment

Originally posted by Provost Harrison

Yeah, it is nigh on impossible to have some kind of masterplan for years ahead - life just doesn't work out like that. Although I can try and plan the next step, and I am trying to get something sorted out for later on in the year.

agreed, as much as i HATE to say it with how youve been against me in other threads

i plan for the hear and NOW... i may not have that many future goals... but my PRESENT is well taken care of i assure you. what else matters?
        Order of the Fly
        Those that cannot curse, cannot heal.

Comment

Originally posted by Zkribbler

Well, she makes a pretty lousy FBI agent. She keeps forgetting to begin each sentence with a capital letter. What kind of FBI agent would make that kind of mistake??
          she is posing as a 15 year old girl. 15 year old girls don't know what capital letters are.

Comment

Let me know when you get here, and I'll buy you a brew sometime.
            Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
            "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
            He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

as for my. I think my career is the one I'll stick with. For better or worse. I'm just not motivated enough to change careers. . I can probably make more money, and I am probably selling my self short (compared to the difficulty of work I know I can achieve- and have in the navy). But I'm content with this career. Though sometimes I think about chucking it all and working at some fast food restaurant. But I don't think I would be happy with a non challenging job. though I don't like my jobs too challenging.

Comment

Originally posted by Provost Harrison

I only do seven night shifts every six weeks
                www.my-piano.blogspot

Comment

she is posing as a 15 year old girl. 15 year old girls don't know what capital letters are.

i sing of Olaf glad and big

by e. e. cummings

i sing of Olaf glad and big
                  whose warmest heart recoiled at war:
                  a conscientious object-or

his wellbelovéd colonel(trig
                  westpointer most succinctly bred)
                  took erring Olaf soon in hand;
                  but--though an host of overjoyed
                  noncoms(first knocking on the head
                  him)do through icy waters roll
                  that helplessness which others stroke
                  with brushes recently employed
                  anent this muddy toiletbowl,
                  while kindred intellects evoke
                  allegiance per blunt instruments--
                  Olaf(being to all intents
                  a corpse and wanting any rag
                  upon what God unto him gave)
                  responds,without getting annoyed
                  "I will not kiss your ****ing flag"

straightway the silver bird looked grave
                  (departing hurriedly to shave)

but--though all kinds of officers
                  (a yearning nation's blueeyed pride)
                  their passive prey did kick and curse
                  until for wear their clarion
                  voices and boots were much the worse,
                  and egged the firstclassprivates on
                  his rectum wickedly to tease
                  by means of skilfully applied
                  bayonets roasted hot with heat--
                  Olaf(upon what were once knees)
                  does almost ceaselessly repeat
                  "there is some **** I will not eat"

our president,being of which
                  assertions duly notified
                  threw the yellowsonofa*****
                  into a dungeon,where he died

Christ(of His mercy infinite)
                  i pray to see;and Olaf,too

preponderatingly because
                  unless statistics lie he was
                  more brave than me:more blond than you.

Comment

Originally posted by Dis

The FBI is a good career, and you'll get a good pension when you retire.

As for your other persona, you are still young. The idea is to try several things to find out what you are good at.

just have to wait till i'm 23!

i'm good at a bunch of stuff. but i get bored of things pretty easily. a few adults recommended electrical engineering, psychology, and like random crap. i'll never decide. perhaps i will become a ninja after all.
                    Last edited by b etor; March 13, 2007, 19:32.

Comment

Originally posted by Sirotnikov
                      4th infantry division I guess

So are you expecting a long army career, or what?

How long have you signed up for?
                      What's your role?
                      Not sure about the length...depends on what a future wife or whatever would want.

Ideally, the army would pay for grad school first. I would like to go into human resources later.

Basically I only need to be in 8 years for now. most of those are inactive, but I will probably just stay active since there is no guarantee.

Role is field artillery.
                      "Yay Apoc!!!!!!!" - bipolarbear
                      "At least there were some thoughts went into Apocalypse." - Urban Ranger
                      "Apocalype was a great game." - DrSpike
                      "In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd

Comment

i dislike using capital letters, for the most part. i know how to of course.

Comment

Originally posted by b etor
                          i dislike using capital letters, for the most part. i know how to of course.
                          Use them. Correctly .

I know it makes you look like you play by the rules, and you really think you don't, but it helps everyone else.
                          www.my-piano.blogspot

Comment

what good are capital letters anyways? What useful purpose do they serve?

Comment

Originally posted by Oerdin
                              I served in Iraq with both the 4th ID and the 1st ID so when it came time to choose a combat patch I could have taken either one. The 4th ID was so supportive and accepting of us while the 1st ID treated everyone not in the 1st ID like a dick so nearly my entire unit made a point of sewing on 4th ID patches.
                              Good to know. I think having good people to get along with around you in situations makes the situations better.

Nowadays you can just velcro is a couple seconds though.
                              "Yay Apoc!!!!!!!" - bipolarbear
                              "At least there were some thoughts went into Apocalypse." - Urban Ranger
                              "Apocalype was a great game." - DrSpike
                              "In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd

Comment

When I was b etor's age I knew I wanted to be a Physicist.

JM
                                Jon Miller-
                                I AM.CANADIAN
                                GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Working...
                                X