No announcement yet.

terrorist traitors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Asked and answered. The US gov't doesn't have need of the services of an oil services company.
    I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

perhaps at this time.
      "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
      'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

Originally posted by Kuciwalker
        It should be obvious to everyone that "free trade, as long as you pay your workers as much as we pay ours" isn't free trade.

thats quite true, however, I did not say enforceable or even verifiable environmental or labor protections. If they aren't willing to sing and dance with the democrats that is their problem.

It should also be obvious that there will never be said hypothetical free trade.

Comment

Originally posted by DinoDoc
          Do you even read the posts you respond to?
          Look ****-****. I directly responded to DanS with that post. He said they were dumping KBR and I pointed out that KBR wasn't their only military contracting arm. If you'd bother to read instead of just making stupid one liners then you'd know that.
          Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Originally posted by DanS
            Asked and answered. The US gov't doesn't have need of the services of an oil services company.
            Wrong again. The US government awarded Halliburton most of the contracts for getting Iraq's oil fields, pipelines, and delivery systems up and running. How well as Dick's old pals done on that? For a clue you might want to look at how Iraq's monthly production has been doing for the last 3 years.

Comment

BTW now is an excellent time to sell KBR. When the Iraq war ends much of its fattest contracts end plus without Bush & Cheney in office the hugely over priced no bid contracts will be gone too. That means KBR is pretty much making it's top earnings right now and they're set to fall over the next few years.

Best to sell while the horse is running great then to wait until it gets a lame lag and has falling profits. Halliburton's selling high though anyone who buys it at a premium isn't being smart since earnings will shortly be on a downward trend.

Comment

Originally posted by Oerdin

Wrong again. The US government awarded Halliburton most of the contracts for getting Iraq's oil fields, pipelines, and delivery systems up and running. How well as Dick's old pals done on that? For a clue you might want to look at how Iraq's monthly production has been doing for the last 3 years.
                Do Halliburton make good bread?
                www.my-piano.blogspot

Comment

Originally posted by Oerdin
                  Wrong again. The US government awarded Halliburton most of the contracts for getting Iraq's oil fields, pipelines, and delivery systems up and running.
                  As they had a contract for capping the Kuwaiti wells after Gulf War I. But these are one-off deals.
                  I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

Originally posted by Doddler

Do Halliburton make good bread?
                    I don't know, you tell us:
                    The cake is NOT a lie. It's so delicious and moist.

The Weighted Companion Cube is cheating on you, that slut.

Comment

Originally posted by Drake Tungsten

Unfortunately, the power of the anti-free trade netroots is growing.
                      You shouldn't confuse "anti-free trade" with what many activists are actually opposing. Most oppose current economic policies with regard to the IMF and World Bank's lending practices in addition to the trade practices of the US. The status quo is far from "free trade". People who support the status quo often espouse the ideals of free trade in the debate regarding world economic policy. Such arguments in the debate over globalization are little more than red herrings. Whether people are intelligent enough to distinguish reality from ideology (on either side of the debate) is another story.

As for this situation, this is simply a question of an American company (essentially an MNC, but primarily American) looking to maximize profits and avoid taxes. The business is behaving as it should... maximizing its profitability within the scope of the law. I have no problem with Halliburton working within the law to do this. Why should Halliburton be singled out among the countless other MNC's that evade taxes by doing such things?

I'd much rather have a discussion about taxes in general. Ideally, I think I would like to leave business outside of the discussion as far as taxes are concerned. This is too complex an issue to tackle right now. People want to ***** about how evil Halliburton is, so I won't interrupt the unmitigated blathering any longer.
                      To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Originally posted by Whoha
                        It should also be obvious that there will never be said hypothetical free trade.
                        It already exists between the states of the Union

Comment

As for this situation, this is simply a question of an American company (essentially an MNC, but primarily American) looking to maximize profits and avoid taxes.

Except as DanS noted they aren't moving legally. Their physical headquarters is the only thing changing.

Comment

Originally posted by Kuciwalker

It already exists between the states of the Union
                            but since it isn't global free trade its not free trade

Comment

Working...
                            X