Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it warm in kentucky this time of year?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Wezil
    That's a long walk Ludd. Surely you won't be flying or driving...
    Of course not, I couldn't afford a plane ticket if I wanted one, and I don't have a drivers license. I carpooled.

incidentally, what's your take on american imperialism, the war on iraq, saudi arabia? Bought any oil (or by product) from the mid-east lately?

But I wore my sandals all week long.

Wednesday was like summer. The other days where cooler, but still warm enough for socks and sandals.

My impressions on the united states and Louisville:

Food is expensive.
    Good food is hard to find.
    Penselvania and Ohio smell like cow poop.
    Louisville is a dead city.
    All homeless people are black.
    Americans are much more friendlier and aproachable than urban canadians.
    Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

Food is expensive here? That's the first time I've heard that.
      I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

I'm sure I could tell you you weather. (I live a few minutes north of the Ohio) Here it will be warm, but rainy and a little windy next week. Louisville is about straight west of here so they ussually get the weather we get in Evansville.
        USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA!
        The video may avatar is from

Comment

Re: Re: Is it warm in kentucky this time of year?

Originally posted by KrazyHorse
          www.weather.com
          Silly, Ludd's not allowed to use computers.

Comment

Originally posted by General Ludd

Of course not, I couldn't afford a plane ticket if I wanted one, and I don't have a drivers license. I carpooled.
            So you shared the enviro damage among several of you. That's nice.

incidentally, what's your take on american imperialism, the war on iraq, saudi arabia? Bought any oil (or by product) from the mid-east lately?
            I buy gasoline all the time. I work in the transportation industry and we are big consumers. The difference my friend is that I don't claim to be morally superior.

But I wore my sandals all week long.
            Hand made no doubt.

Wednesday was like summer. The other days where cooler, but still warm enough for socks and sandals.

Food is expensive.
            Gald you had a good time (?). Now go plant some trees and repent.
            "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
            "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

Food is expensive here? That's the first time I've heard that.
              Food costs pretty much the same amount as it does in canada - making it more expensive with the exchange rate.

I buy gasoline all the time. I work in the transportation industry and we are big consumers. The difference my friend is that I don't claim to be morally superior.
              I'm not claiming to be morally superior, either.

Hand made no doubt.
              Unfortunately not. It was a project of mine to make sandals out of recycled tires last summer (I had a few other ideas of wooden and ceramic constructions, but haven't gotten around to testing those out yet), but apparently all the tires made since the 70s have steel cables running through it that make it impossible to reuse the rubber without melting it first being melted down again I'd have to get tires from mexico or something to do it. I'm still trying to figure out a way of using bicycle tires - the only problem with them is that they are so narrow. If I stole the tires off someone's riding lawnmower, that might work too.

Do It Ourselves

Comment

Why would you go to kentucky??
                "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Food is expensive.
                  Food expensive in the US (particularly the midwest/south)? That's a new one. As for good food, well, that depends on what you define as good. :shrug:

PA/OH... yeah, there are definitely large areas that smell like cow ****.

Louisville... never been there. Been close, but only for a couple of hours.

Given the general wealth disparity between white & black, I'm sure the homelessness numbers are similar.

The friendly ones are in the midwest & south, where you went. The cold, canadian-like bastards are up here with me in New England.

-Arrian
                  grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

I'm not claiming to be morally superior, either.
                    Don't make me research Ludd quotes to throw back at you.
                    "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
                    "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

Don't make me research Ludd quotes to throw back at you.

I have never claimed to be morally superior in regards to environmental issues. I have never once tried to pretend that I'm saving the world with my lifestyle. I simply reconize environmental devestation and human stupidity for what it is. I live simply and try to avoid wanton consumption and decadance when I can, but such things are largely pointless so long as our societal structure and cultural priorities remain the same.

Do It Ourselves

Comment

Originally posted by Asher
                        Why would you go to kentucky??

For an NCECA conferance

Do It Ourselves

Comment

Why can't Kentuckian's pronounce Louisville right? It generally comes out like "Lou'vil"
                          Monkey!!!

Comment

Because they're from Kentucky, and therefore only marginally smarter than Texans.
                            "The French caused the war [Persian Gulf war, 1991]" - Ned
                            "you people who bash Bush have no appreciation for one of the great presidents in our history." - Ned
                            "I wish I had gay sex in the boy scouts" - Dissident

Comment

For an NCECA conferance
                              Sweet Jesus, how does such a thing even exist????

How do you support yourself?
                              "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                              Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Roots and grubs.
                                I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

Working...
                                X