Are you a postmodernist intellectual?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Last Conformist
    A postmodernist is the filosofer equivalent of a teenager.
    In a sense, you're here being interpolated into a prestructural textual theory that includes consciousness as a paradox.

Comment

This thread is too intellectual for my taste.
      Blah

Comment

Originally posted by Aivo½so

In a sense, you're here being interpolated into a prestructural textual theory that includes consciousness as a paradox.
        That interpretation says more about your preconceived notions than about the statement you'd analyze.
        Why can't you be a non-conformist just like everybody else?

It's no good (from an evolutionary point of view) to have the physique of Tarzan if you have the sex drive of a philosopher. -- Michael Ruse
        The Nedaverse I can accept, but not the Berzaverse. There can only be so many alternate realities. -- Elok

Comment

The way you simultaneously affirm late Heideggerian aesthetics and the neodeconstructivist paradigm of expression makes me cringe

Comment

IIUC, LC's attempt at a coherent semiotic narrative is not, in fact, narrative, but postnarrative. In a sense, the subject is contextualised into a realism that includes culture as a totality.
            THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
            AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
            AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
            DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

Originally posted by LordShiva
              IIUC, LC's attempt at a coherent semiotic narrative is not, in fact, narrative, but postnarrative. In a sense, the subject is contextualised into a realism that includes culture as a totality.
              Even when you utilize your vocabulary you are still sovereign of teh .
              The Apolytoner formerly known as Alexander01
              "God has given no greater spur to victory than contempt of death." - Hannibal Barca, c. 218 B.C.
              "We can legislate until doomsday but that will not make men righteous." - George Albert Smith, A.D. 1949
              The Kingdom of Jerusalem: Chronicles of the Golden Cross - a Crusader Kings After Action Report

Comment

The meaninglessness, and some would say the stasis, of the neotextual paradigm of consensus intrinsic to your dismissal of enthusiastic membership as "spam" is evident in your subdialectic paradigm of reality as a reality.
                THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES

Comment

Originally posted by LordShiva
                  The meaninglessness, and some would say the stasis, of the neotextual paradigm of consensus intrinsic to your dismissal of enthusiastic membership as "spam" is evident in your subdialectic paradigm of reality as a reality.
                  And after his diatribe was complete, Shiva took another deep breath and realized that he was still alive.
                  The Apolytoner formerly known as Alexander01
                  "God has given no greater spur to victory than contempt of death." - Hannibal Barca, c. 218 B.C.
                  "We can legislate until doomsday but that will not make men righteous." - George Albert Smith, A.D. 1949
                  The Kingdom of Jerusalem: Chronicles of the Golden Cross - a Crusader Kings After Action Report

Comment

LS do you use a software to generate that filosofer speak?
                    Last edited by Sir Og; April 2, 2007, 12:43.
                    Quendelie axan!

Comment

Originally posted by Sir Og
                      LS do you you a software to generate that filosofer speak?
                      You, sir, need the Chomskybot.
                      Why can't you be a non-conformist just like everybody else?

It's no good (from an evolutionary point of view) to have the physique of Tarzan if you have the sex drive of a philosopher. -- Michael Ruse
                      The Nedaverse I can accept, but not the Berzaverse. There can only be so many alternate realities. -- Elok

Comment

Thanks LC
                        Quendelie axan!

Comment

I don't believe I am.

I do own a copy of this though:

The POMO tarot - a Postmodern deck

Artist: Brian Williams Designer:
                          78 cards Major and Minor arcana. Minor arcana are emblematic.
                          Height: 151mm. Width: 95mm. Standard
                          Date: 1994. Publisher: Harper SanFrancisco. Country: USA
                          Fine line pen drawings coloured with watercolour.
                          Is my structure in the cards ?
                          Attached Files
                          Vive la liberte. Noor Inayat Khan, Dachau.

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

Originally posted by Sir Og
                            Thanks LC
                            LS > LC

Comment

Welcome to Poly, Perfection!

Hope you stick around!

http://sleague.apolyton.net/index.php?title=Home
                              http://totalfear.blogspot.com/

Comment

Nah, I only come here when banned from CFC

Originally posted by LordShiva LS > LC
                                My God what an insightful paper!
                                APOSTOLNIK BEANIE BERET BICORNE BIRETTA BOATER BONNET BOWLER CAP CAPOTAIN CHADOR COIF CORONET CROWN DO-RAG FEDORA FEZ GALERO HAIRNET HAT HEADSCARF HELMET HENNIN HIJAB HOOD KABUTO KERCHIEF KOLPIK KUFI MITRE MORTARBOARD PERUKE PICKELHAUBE SKULLCAP SOMBRERO SHTREIMEL STAHLHELM STETSON TIARA TOQUE TOUPEE TRICORN TRILBY TURBAN VISOR WIG YARMULKE ZUCCHETTO

Comment

Working...
                                X