Army is gay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jon Miller
    I don't know you well enough to know which you are (gay or straight). But probably if we chatted a bit... I would probably know.

At one point I was convinced that there were Bi people, even though I had never personally met one. But then the people who convinced me turned out to be one or the other (generally gay).

I am refering to intrinsic gayness or straightness, which many currently don't think exists (but the social groups that think like this are highly hedonistic).
    Fair enough.

Personally, I don't think the there's an intrinsic nature so much; perhaps a genetic predisposition, but there's some level of nurture that goes into it.

And depending on how important your intrinsic sexuality is (in your make up), you can be happy in a relationship that goes against it. (There are examples of intrinsic gays who were in happy straight relationships... I have heard of intrinsic straights being in happy gay relationships)
    I suppose I can see that. The "intrisic" part, should it exist, is largely irrelevant to me. Then again, my response to people is of a markedly different nature than most, so.
    B♭3

Comment

niente
      Que l’Univers n’est qu’un défaut dans la pureté de Non-être.

- Paul Valery

Comment

Originally posted by Cyclotron

Yes, it's called prison rape.

No, I would argue that even sex between two consensual men does not automatically indicate that either is gay.
        A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

Originally posted by MrFun

No, I would argue that even sex between two consensual men does not automatically indicate that either is gay.
          Depends on situation. On the sofa after a night out is not the same as in the shower of cell Block J.
          "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
          "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Q Cubed
            Personally, I don't think the there's an intrinsic nature so much; perhaps a genetic predisposition, but there's some level of nurture that goes into it.

I suppose I can see that. The "intrisic" part, should it exist, is largely irrelevant to me. Then again, my response to people is of a markedly different nature than most, so.
            Nuture can generally beat nature. Nature is a large factor though, 'scientists' are always surprised at how large effect it has.

As far as if there is a genetic predisposition. There are too many situations in nature where unsocial species have homosexual members to the deteriment of the species. I make the point about unsocial because that means that it isn't a result of the group behavior of the species. The point is, of course, that homosexuality seems to have genetic roots, and is relatively common.

JM
            Jon Miller-
            I AM.CANADIAN
            GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Originally posted by Asher
              Many do in prisons, for instance.
              See above.

Comment

A good example of why gays should be banned from the military.

Comment

You and Wiggy should go **** one another, Drix.
                  A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

Hey, you know that American soldier who raped that young Iraqi girl and then killed her?

A good example of why straights should be banned from the military.
                    B♭3

Comment

That's the kind of response I would expect from a guy with the name MrFun.

Comment

Everyone knows gays in the military is a bad idea. It's only on Apolyton where 50% of the posters are gay is there a great deal of support for it...which is why I'm not surprised you're in support of it Cubed.

Comment

Drix

Comment

I'm not saying gays in the military are a good idea. I mean, look at that *** who made people dress up in Superman costumes and moan suggestively?

That said, I don't think having straights in the military is good either. I mean, look at those breeders who sexually assault their colleagues who happen to have made the lifestyle choice of being women in uniform. Or who go out and rape young Iraqi women. It's just not a good fit. These straight people seem to do nothing but cause trouble for others.

Now, agendered robotic killing machines...
                            B♭3

Comment

I KNOW! I have the most awesomest idea ever!! Lets have a don't ask don't tell policy! Then we won't know which one everyone is and we can all pretend we are a tolerant and accepting society. I think even Europe might like us now!! Here's to awesome ideas!

Comment

Originally posted by Drixnak
                                I KNOW! I have the most awesomest idea ever!! Lets have a don't ask don't tell policy! Then we won't know which one everyone is and we can all pretend we are a tolerant and accepting society. I think even Europe might like us now!! Here's to awesome ideas!
                                We already have a don't ask don't tell policy, but it doesn't go far enough.

Why? Because the humans in the army are still, well, they still think they like sex. They're ****ers. Which is a problem.

An army of agendered godless killing machines/terminators, on the other hand...
                                B♭3

Comment

Working...
                                X