This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Geronimo
    I read through 150 posts of this two part thread. Would I find anything different in the 1000+ posts that followed those?

some variation here and there and some side fights from time to time-- For a while there we had a movement to get me a government funded sailboat but I think that petered out

But overall not a lot of change
    You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

• If it walks like a duck, quacks like a duck and says AFLAC like a duck...

-Arrian
      grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

• Well, I told a barely relevant story about how I was a brat when I was 16...

-Arrian

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

• If my kids cry to get something they don't deserve or we can't afford, I usually tell them:

So get your Naomi Klein books and move it or I'll seriously bash your faces in! - Supercitizen to stupid students
          Be kind to the nerdiest guy in school. He will be your boss when you've grown up!

Comment

• That would be a fun avatar.

-Arrian

Comment

• i was thinking the same thing, arrian
              Order of the Fly
              Those that cannot curse, cannot heal.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chemical Ollie
                If my kids cry to get something they don't deserve or we can't afford, I usually tell them:

I wasn't aware of you being so scary IRL

How do you manage to avoid triggering socialnämnden (or what ever their name is) looking like that ?
                With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

If my kids cry to get something they don't deserve or we can't afford, I usually tell them:
                  I am far more polite but the sentiment of "NO" is equally clear
                  You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

• Originally posted by BlackCat

I wasn't aware of you being so scary IRL

How do you manage to avoid triggering socialnämnden (or what ever their name is) looking like that ?
                    It's not me in that picture, but I have similar face, short hair and sometimes wear a suit and tie at work. No glasses though.
                    So get your Naomi Klein books and move it or I'll seriously bash your faces in! - Supercitizen to stupid students
                    Be kind to the nerdiest guy in school. He will be your boss when you've grown up!

Comment

I think they might become anarcists.
                      I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
                      - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

• Originally posted by Kidicious

I think they might become anarcists.

Comment

• Originally posted by Flubber

Actually its exactly alike -- If a child cries for their candy or toy and you hand them 10 dollars, they still cry. They want what they want and only what they want and nothing else will satisfy them
                          Of course they will still cry if you hand them 10 dollars. Bad example on your part is suppose. I think you are wrong on that account, if they desire the other thing enough they will take it.

And I know for sure that you don't know any anarcists. Possibly you made aquantance with some, but you never really knew them.

Comment

You don't really tell them that I know.

Comment

• I'm getting confused here. Are they anarchists or are they leftists? I've seen claims of both in this eternal thread. Leftists have political ambitions, while anarchist refuse to be a part of the political system.

In Sweden we had some right-wing anarchists in the early 90's, who opened illegal nightclubs without permit, refused to pay taxes for principal reasons etc. Libertians, I think Americans call them.

Comment

I'm getting confused here. Are they anarchists or are they leftists? I've seen claims of both in this eternal thread. Leftists have political ambitions, while anarchist refuse to be a part of the political system.

In Sweden we had some right-wing anarchists in the early 90's, who opened illegal nightclubs without permit, refused to pay taxes for principal reasons etc. Libertians, I think Americans call them.
                                After seeing the pictures they look like anarchists (left-wing).

Comment

Working...
                                X