• Show
Clear All

• Lebensraum In Liechtenstein - aka - "When Swiss Attack!!"

http://www.guardian.co.uk/internatio...src=rss&feed=1

Liechtenstein: no retaliation for Swiss 'invasion'

Mark Oliver and agencies
    Friday March 2, 2007
    Guardian Unlimited

The Swiss army is not renowned for its aggressive expeditionary adventures - but it does appear to have accidentally invaded Liechtenstein.

According to the Swiss daily Blick, around 170 infantry soldiers from the famously neutral country wandered more than a mile across the unmarked border with the tiny principality.

The incident happened yesterday morning and the Swiss troops turned back - probably slightly sheepishly - after they realised their mistake.

A spokesman for the Swiss army confirmed the story, but said that there were unlikely to be any serious repercussions for the mistaken invasion, the Associated Press reported.

"We've spoken to the authorities in Liechtenstein and it's not a problem," spokesman Daniel Reist said.

As well as the obligatory Swiss army knives, the troops were armed with assault rifles - however, they had no ammunition, Mr Reist said.

Officials in Liechtenstein, which is on Switzerland's eastern borders, also sought to play down the incident.

Markus Amman, an interior ministry spokesman, said nobody in Liechtenstein had even noticed the soldiers. "It's not like they stormed over here with attack helicopters or something," he said.
    [...]

I've heard about it already. I think Switzerland is doomed to be counted into the Axis of Evil now.
    "I realise I hold the key to freedom,
    I cannot let my life be ruled by threads" The Web Frogs
    Middle East!

Comment

nm
      You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

European wars ain't what they used to be.
        “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
        "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

A non-story if I ever heard one. I used to have girlfriend from Liechtenstein, and visited the tiny country once. The place is a tax haven...a tourist curiosity. You have to pay if you want your passport stamped.
          ...people like to cry a lot... - Pekka
          ...we just argue without evidence, secure in our own superiority. - Snotty

Comment

They were better off when they'd been annexed by the Reich.
            Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Originally posted by DaShi
              European wars ain't what they used to be.
              Blah

Comment

Germany should start new world wars and be further reduced in size, until it reaches the size of Liechtenstein
                Middle East!

Comment

Yeah, but that never happens does it now Heresson? Instead, you just end up being conquered, and rather easily too
                  Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

No more German cities to Poland
                    I will never understand why some people on Apolyton find you so clever. You're predictable, mundane, and a google-whore and the most observant of us all know this. Your battles of "wits" rely on obscurity and whenever you fail to find something sufficiently obscure, like this, you just act like a 5 year old. Congratulations, molly.

Asher on molly bloom

Comment

Originally posted by Heresson

Germany should start new world wars and be further reduced in size, until it reaches the size of Liechtenstein
                      agreed.

The first step must be to ransack poland

Comment

Don't most German houses already have living rooms anyway?
                        Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Originally posted by Datajack Franit
                          No more German cities to Poland
                          I think Hamburg-Lueneburg line would make a splendid polish-french boarder.
                          Middle East!

Comment

Sirotnikov -

What happened to your avatar's bosom?

Comment

Originally posted by Heresson

Only Bavaria should be left!
                              But then maybe we could let them join Austria
                              I need a foot massage

Comment

Working...
                              X