What is the best science?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CyberShy

As much as you, therefor I'm sure that you'll agree with me if I think it through rationally
    Yeah right
    Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

I'd say Biology is temporarily the most important because the scope of the problems that current Biology related research can plausibly provide solutions for is arguably greater than that which could be addressed by any other current research in any other current area of science.

Eventually however, physics will probably be the only basic science that will continue to enable new technology as other basic sciences will be exhausted of significant mysteries.

Comment

Originally posted by BeBro
        Poly is evil because of the two thread limit in the OT. I have so much more great ideas for silly threads today
        I've created many more than 2 silly threads in one day. Nobody pays attention

Or, it may just be me who gets special privileges because of my awesome posts
        THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
        AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
        AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
        DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

Scientology.

Comment

The best science? The one that's applied to actually solving problems of course. Hence engineers be da bomb. :b
            "Just puttin on the foil" - Jeff Hanson

“In a democracy, I realize you don’t need to talk to the top leader to know how the country feels. When I go to a dictatorship, I only have to talk to one person and that’s the dictator, because he speaks for all the people.” - Jimmy Carter

Comment

Chemistry sucks.
              You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

Sexology, 'nuff said
                Let us be lazy in everything, except in loving and drinking, except in being lazy – Lessing

Comment

A tie between theoretical physics and evolutionary biology.

Comment

[SIZE=1]other basic sciences will be exhausted of significant mysteries.
                    Hyper-reductionist BS.

Comment

Pottery

with Gunpowder as a close second
                      “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

Originally posted by Odin

Hyper-reductionist BS.
                        you're thinking too near term.

Comment

Originally posted by Odin
                          A tie between theoretical physics and evolutionary biology.
                          How is theoretical physics a science?

If you mean that which is purely theoretical... like String Theory, I have doubts about it being a science at all.

JM
                          Jon Miller-
                          I AM.CANADIAN
                          GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Working...
                          X