No announcement yet.

Giant Sinkhole Swallowing Homes, People

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I actually had a laugh about the german connection - it's common knowledge that sweden mangeded to get through the WWII as an unharmed nazi country.
    With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Yes, it's common knowledge. But it has no relevance in the article in question...
      I love being beaten by women - Lorizael

Comment

Hm, giant sinkhole in Guatemala, excess crap in Western political arenas.... put the two together and we have a solution

Comment

That's what you get for having a city named after your country. Just asking for trouble.
          “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
          "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

No fun there-- the locals should stay far far away from that thing
            You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

I can hardly wait to find out from him how Bush caused this catastrophe.
              Global warming causes more evaporation...and more rain...

Can we blame Bush for Texas being the dirtiest state in the country?

Comment

Much of that area is actually made of a mixture of limestone & volcanics (the upper and lower parts of the Yucatan are wave cut karsts; those karsts have been uplifted in the lower Yucatan) and given the high amount of rainfall they get it isn't a wonder sinkholes are produced. Carbonic acid eats away the limestone producing large caverns which the soil above sink into thus producing a sinkhole.
                Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Working...
                X