No announcement yet.

The rationale behind discrediting Liberal Arts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Incidentally, the real rationale is that we all got tired of Agathon and GePap.

Comment

• You only report on the bad things the Liberal Arts programs produce like gepap and agathon.

What "good things" have liberal arts programs produced? Liberal arts majors are all uniformly dim...
      KH FOR OWNER!
      ASHER FOR CEO!!
      GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

• 12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
        Stadtluft Macht Frei
        Killing it is the new killing it
        Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

• Originally posted by MRT144

You don't seem to approve or lend any credence to anything that would be gained in doing so.

Credence should be given or withheld based on the merits of an arguments - it's after all possible to make a sound argument in bad faith. As for my approval, it depends. Telling someone they shouldn't care about something just to make them keep arguing doesn't sounds like nice thing to do.
          Why can't you be a non-conformist just like everybody else?

It's no good (from an evolutionary point of view) to have the physique of Tarzan if you have the sex drive of a philosopher. -- Michael Ruse
          The Nedaverse I can accept, but not the Berzaverse. There can only be so many alternate realities. -- Elok

Comment

• Originally posted by KrazyHorse
            Honestly, they're both smartie-pants. I just think that in "general intelligence" I've got their number...
            Well, to be fair theyre both compsci majors.

If there were any doubts about where I stand, you could probably gauge my intellect based on what I want to do in life; Business Auditing.

I'm always interested in how you might deal with other people KH who aren't even on the marginal level I'm at. Like, how do you deal with people in the service industry?
            "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
            'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

• Originally posted by Drake Tungsten
              You only report on the bad things the Liberal Arts programs produce like gepap and agathon.

What "good things" have liberal arts programs produced? Liberal arts majors are all uniformly dim...
              attractive women that can at least read the kama sutra?
              'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

• I'm insulting to you, dude, but I honestly don't think you're stupid. I have a lot of fun jerking you around.
                12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
                Stadtluft Macht Frei
                Killing it is the new killing it
                Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

• We've established that. I feel entitled to some sort of retainer for the entertainment you derive from it!

Comment

• attractive women that can at least read the kama sutra?

The Kama Sutra is pretty stupid, really. It might make a good topic for research for some dumbass liberal arts professor specializing in Hindu civilization, but it's pretty impractical if you're looking for new ways to pork someone.
                    KH FOR OWNER!
                    ASHER FOR CEO!!
                    GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

• Youve never lived until a woman has been lowered onto you using a pulley system tended to by many other women. but given your opinion of the kama sutra, are you surprised it came from the same land as the caste system?

Comment

• I've never actually read the Kama Sutra, despite having a copy. I just look at the pictures and s******...
                        KH FOR OWNER!
                        ASHER FOR CEO!!
                        GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

• I approve of this threadjack

Comment

• i doubt most people have "read" it. it's like reading playboy, nay, hustler, for the articles.

Comment

• Is there a pop-up version?
                              Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

• Originally posted by Provost Harrison
                                Is there a pop-up version?
                                yes!

Comment

Working...
                                X