Train Crash in NW England 23/02/07

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dauphin
    In case someone attempts necromancy in the future?
    But Doddler is the most heinous of the necromancers.
    THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
    AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
    AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
    DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

He even necromanced one of mine. Which is scary as it seems to have been fully resurrected...
      Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

I did a better job with the Oh 'Eck one, though.
        THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES

Comment

I would have used the "Why I must leave the North" thread though.
          One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

I wanted to revisit that thread actually, just to remember what I was thinking at the time
            Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Of course, I have regretted leaving Hull ever since

(Yeah, right )
              Speaking of Erith:

Comment

Nope, too recent.

Comment

I can't find it, alas
                  Speaking of Erith:

Comment

One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Yeah, I found it, shame the search feature doesn't work properly Is quite an interesting read, I definitely feel vindicated in my choice...the thought of moving back up there fills me with horror
                      Speaking of Erith:

Comment

Also reminds me that Stew always has been and always will be a c*ck
                        Speaking of Erith:

Comment

Originally posted by *End Is Forever*
                          I assume that Proteus was being ever-so-slightly sarcastic. Network Rail was renationalised in all but name a few years back. Sloppy private companies (rightly) took the blame for the high-profile accidents at Hatfield and Potters Bar a few years back, but this just shows the folly of those who think that state control is some sort of panacea where nothing goes wrong. Those situations simply don't exist, unfortunately.

Looking at the pictures it's astonishing that there were not more fatalities or serious injuries. I shudder to think how many dozens more would have died if that train had been old rolling stock. No consolation for the relatives of the elderly woman who died or those who were seriously injured though.
                          Well, there are a number of crackpots at this site, so it's sometimes difficult to say who is aernes and who is sarcastic

Besides that, I really don't see private superior to public or the other way around. What really counts is the contract of quality and the check of reacing this.

Yeah, it's sad that there was a loss, but looking at the pics, is astoningsly that no more were killed. At least the hulls seems to be intact, so I guess that only seat belts can prevent serious injuries when such things happen.

The reason for the crash isn't nessecarily due to poor maintenance - we have had a couple of incidents where kids foud it funny to put stones etc on the track
                          With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

What's with all the train crashes lately?

Anyhoo, to lighten the mood:

In Nazi Germany, trains crash ... on time!
                            In Soviet Russia, trains crash ... Nazis!
                            In Fascist Italy, trains crash ... to be cool like the Nazis!
                            In Imperial Japan, trains crash ... for the glory of Emperor Showa!
                            In Vichy France, trains crash ... just to be done with it!
                            In Truman's US, trains crash ... because we've got The Bomb!
                            In Churchill's UK, trains crash ... because if you are going through Hell, keep going!
                            The cake is NOT a lie. It's so delicious and moist.

The Weighted Companion Cube is cheating on you, that slut.

Comment

Originally posted by Provost Harrison
                              Yeah, I found it, shame the search feature doesn't work properly Is quite an interesting read, I definitely feel vindicated in my choice...the thought of moving back up there fills me with horror
                              Why?
                              www.my-piano.blogspot

Comment

Working...
                              X