So...who else is snowed in?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So...who else is snowed in?

So this is the second day running, that I have been unable to get to work. I am literally snowed in.

Yesterday we got around 50 cm of snow, and today we are expected to get the same. Police in the city where I live advise against all driving So I am stuck at home taking care of my 2 children.

My wife works just nearby, so she can walk to work. I have a 19 km drive that there is no chance I would make, were I to attempt it

Snowed in sucks. But at least I have my children to keep me company

Asmodean
    Im not sure what Baruk Khazad is , but if they speak Judeo-Dwarvish, that would be "blessed are the dwarves" - lord of the mark

Not me. It's warm and dry here. I'm still driving at summer tires and this winter had only 2 days where I would have needed winter tires.

Comment

The funny thing is....my parents live only 70 km south of Ã…rhus, and they haven't gotten an inch of snow.

Weather can be funny like that

Asmodean
      Im not sure what Baruk Khazad is , but if they speak Judeo-Dwarvish, that would be "blessed are the dwarves" - lord of the mark

Comment

No snow down here
        This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

there's a few feet of snow here.

Comment

It is summer here.
            Voluntary Human Extinction Movement http://www.vhemt.org/

Comment

Originally posted by Asmodean
              The funny thing is....my parents live only 70 km south of Ã…rhus, and they haven't gotten an inch of snow.

Weather can be funny like that

Asmodean
              I'm snowed in too - well more or less - as I can walk to the nearest "village". I was able to drive to the local supermarket today - followed right in the "trail" made by local farmers with their big "tractors" (don't know the right word in english) in the snow.... and got home just 20-30 minutes before all was "smooth" with deep snow again... (I'm living in northern Sealand) - rather annoying this is - Where is TheGlobalWarming when it's needed

But on the other hand Asmodean. Until a month ago (20th January) it have been a "green winter" - we have had less than 5 nights with temperature below zero. The rest of January and February have had say 12-15 more nights with low temperature. And how many days with snow??? About 10 days including those 2 early November last year...... something like that. A mild winter afterall I say - stormy indeed, but mild.

Since July 2006, month after month has "delivered" the warmest avagere temperature since sometime in the 1880th...... and it continued with January month 2007. Only exception in that row was August - where we nearly drowned ( others would probably say - Yes, you got your feets wet, and then what ......
              First they ignore you. Then they laugh at you. Then they fight you. Then you win.

Gandhi

Comment

~trying not to brag~
                Order of the Fly
                Those that cannot curse, cannot heal.

Comment

Not a spot of it...
                  Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Originally posted by TheBirdMan
                    Until a month ago it have been a "green winter"
                    During this winter we only had two days where we could see snow (IIRC it was late January), but it wasn't exactly much snow (from my window I could see like 4-5 small patches of snow)... sure wasn't enough for the kids to even bother to look for their sleds

Let's see if we even get snow this winter

Comment

I sincerely hope we get no more of the damn stuff...seriously, I have never been able to figure out why people like it!
                      Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

This is the only positive side of snow:

Originally posted by Asmodean
                        So this is the second day running, that I have been unable to get to work.
                        Then I have a valid reason for working at home instead of taking the 40 minute drive to work

Comment

Originally posted by TheBirdMan

But on the other hand Asmodean. Until a month ago (20th January) it have been a "green winter" - we have had less than 5 nights with temperature below zero. The rest of January and February have had say 12-15 more nights with low temperature. And how many days with snow??? About 10 days including those 2 early November last year...... something like that. A mild winter afterall I say - stormy indeed, but mild.
                          Stormy is somewhat an understatement. I truly can not remember a winter this windy, ever. And this is Denmark, remember. Wind is pretty much a constant here.

Nope....the weather is weird indeed, these days

Asmodean

Comment

Not that much snow, well, any more than usual, but it's bloody cold. Just few minutes ago...

I've allways wanted to play "Russ Meyer's Civilization"

Comment

That looks......cold

Asmodean

Comment

Working...
                              X