No announcement yet.

Iraq insurgents use 2nd 'dirty' attack

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, the way I see it, I understand if I'm working for a private sector and the employer wants to be all about 9 to 5. Sure. They actually pay me to do it so.. maybe I'd help some of my fellow workers in my free time or something.

But since I'm paid from tax money, a steady monthly salary, and I don't have a direct superior telling me like it is, screw them. What? I'm supposed to sit tight, just because the task was already completed? I do research, so if my institution wants to fire me, ..... oops, but if they do that, no one will be able to carry on the research. Too bad, I guess I have to keep my job and have my own working hours. I would stay if my superior would come and tell me to do 9 to 5. I understand that. But since I have no direct boss, as they saying goes, **** them. And I consider that to be my benefits from the job. Since I'm getting paid lousy money, I'll do what I want, when I want and how I want to do it. That compensates the situation a little
    In da butt.
    "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
    THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
    "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

well spoken Pekka,

no reason to over-exert yourself for nothing. lifes too short for THAT i think...
      Order of the Fly
      Those that cannot curse, cannot heal.

Comment

Absolutely too short, and this thread shows people are dying for crappy reasons they have no say in. So we're lucky, we can at least have some control of our lives. If no one tells you to do something you don't like, why would you do it? Because of peer pressure? Statistics show that most people are stupid, so why submit to peer pressure? Let them suffer if they so choose to do, they have the freedom to suffer.

I respect my employer in my own way. We have a contract and I'll play my part.
        In da butt.
        "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius

Comment

Pekka,

i believe that if you SUBMIT to peer-pressure, then that is the equivilant OF stupidity, thats for sure! Ive done it in the past, and someone will be lying to say otherwise... in SOME sort of situation. but in a continual cycle? hmm echoing terrorism maybie?

~edit for spelling~
          Order of the Fly

Comment

It's difficult not to submit. Everyone does it sometimes, at least that's what I think. But when you submit to peer pressure, like you said, it is stupid, plus you are contributing to the peer pressure as becoming part of it. I don't think it's always a bad decision to go with the mainstream, just as long as it is your own decision and not because you were pressured.
            In da butt.

Comment

absolutely Pekka. the sad thing is most people do it BECAUSE they were pressured. and i think thats where the CORE of these terrorists come from. Fear, manipulation, mind control, and peer pressure...
              Order of the Fly

Comment

Absolutely. I don't think a lot of us are born terrorists. It has to be force fed.
                In da butt.

Comment

they get hit at a young age too... b4 they know the difference between right or wrong. Human mental manipulation on a grand scale. ive seen other examples of this such as 'christian camps' for children. but not to the point of blowing up people with no consience. pure chaotic evil...
                  Order of the Fly

Comment

Pekka and AAHZ are soulmates
                    THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
                    AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
                    AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
                    DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

Working...
                    X