No announcement yet.

Iraq insurgents use 2nd 'dirty' attack

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How does chlorine help? I mean sure if it gets into your eyes, it's not nice, but aside from gettign a rash, can it be fatal?

Quite.

Comment

The Nazis used chlorine gas in some of their extermination camps.

Comment

Pekka may be thinking of sodium hypochlorite, the stuff they put in swimmingpools.
        Why can't you be a non-conformist just like everybody else?

It's no good (from an evolutionary point of view) to have the physique of Tarzan if you have the sex drive of a philosopher. -- Michael Ruse
        The Nedaverse I can accept, but not the Berzaverse. There can only be so many alternate realities. -- Elok

Comment

Well, it's just that if you're going to spread liquid with an explosion like that, that won't contaminate stuff any further, I just don't see how that would be effective.
          In da butt.
          "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
          THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
          "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

Originally posted by DRoseDARs
            Would someone please explain to the AP what "dirty" weapons are? Last I checked, "dirty" weapons were explosives laced with radioactive material and chemical weapons were, well, chemical weapons not radioactive weapons.
            Yes, if anything with their capacity to clean swimming pools, this is a clean attack, not a dirty one.

Comment

Originally posted by Pekka
              Well, it's just that if you're going to spread liquid with an explosion like that, that won't contaminate stuff any further, I just don't see how that would be effective.
              Chemical weapons and radiological bombs (aka "dirty" bombs) are weapons of terror, meant to terrorize civilians and demoralize armies. Chemical weapons were very much effective in the trenches of WWI.
              The cake is NOT a lie. It's so delicious and moist.

The Weighted Companion Cube is cheating on you, that slut.

Comment

Originally posted by Pekka
                Chlorine gas is a liquid?
                12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
                Stadtluft Macht Frei
                Killing it is the new killing it
                Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Oh so it's gas.. ? Ok. Sorry, I thought it was something liquid.
                  In da butt.
                  "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius

Comment

Under pressure in a tanker or a cylinder it's a liquid. When released it becomes a gas.
                    12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
                    Stadtluft Macht Frei
                    Killing it is the new killing it
                    Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Ok. Thanks, didn't know that. Learned something new today . That's only fair, since I skipped the day at work, because I think they suck, and because I can.
                      In da butt.

Comment

good reason Pekka!
                        Order of the Fly
                        Those that cannot curse, cannot heal.

Comment

I'm still getting paid the same amount. And there's nothing I could have done today, since I've completed the tasks that I can do right now, so I'm just waiting. I figure I can wait at home just as good, the difference is, I'll save some money if I'm home, plus I'm much more relaxed and happier. This benefits me and my employer.

So.. it's not like I'm going to feel guilty about it. Other people can just go ahead and trap themselves feeling guilty. They can stick their protestant work ethic to their collective anus, and waste their time sitting and staring the wall. I'd rather go home and watch a movie or something. Then of course if you're paid by the hour.. well, that would suck .

What can I say, I like my free time. Sleep late, get out early, that's my motto. Just get the job done though.
                          In da butt.

Comment

very true Pekka!

if you havent got your health... you havent got ANYTHING
                            Order of the Fly
                            Those that cannot curse, cannot heal.

Comment

Originally posted by Kuciwalker
                              How does chlorine help? I mean sure if it gets into your eyes, it's not nice, but aside from gettign a rash, can it be fatal?

Quite.
                              One of the first Chemical weapons in WW1
                              "Just puttin on the foil" - Jeff Hanson

“In a democracy, I realize you don’t need to talk to the top leader to know how the country feels. When I go to a dictatorship, I only have to talk to one person and that’s the dictator, because he speaks for all the people.” - Jimmy Carter

Comment

Originally posted by Verto
                                At least Saddam only used chem weapons on fellow Iraqis.
                                Hmm... Was The Iran Iraq war simply a figment of collective imagination that never happened?
                                "Just puttin on the foil" - Jeff Hanson

“In a democracy, I realize you don’t need to talk to the top leader to know how the country feels. When I go to a dictatorship, I only have to talk to one person and that’s the dictator, because he speaks for all the people.” - Jimmy Carter

Comment

Working...
                                X