One region in six above 125% of EU average

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dauphin

Well of course we did, but its obvious to everyone that we need to get everyone up to 125% of the EU average.
    Is that possible?
    www.my-piano.blogspot

Comment

If they're government statistics, of course it's possible.
      One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

In Lake Woebegone

every child is above average
        “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

I was watching a map of spanish region the other day, about which ones were above eu average and which ones below, all the ones near the french the border were above, Cataluña, Aragon, Basque Country, Navarra, and the eastern most part of old castile + Madrid and the Turistic provinces, the ones far away from France and near Portugal were below, Portugal was all below eu average except for the capital, lisbon.

Thats is something I read, that the economic center of Continental Europe is a line which goes from the netherlands, germany to north italy, and the poverty or wealth is proportional to the distance from that line.

Curiously the wealthy spanish territories bordering france, were wealthier than the french territories near Spain, the south west of France apart from Tolouse is one of the least developed parts of the country.
          I need a foot massage

Comment

I kid you not,

Originally posted by Brachy-Pride
            the economic center of Continental Europe is a line which goes from the netherlands, germany to north italy, and the poverty or wealth is proportional to the distance from that line.
            AKA "The Golden Banana"

Comment

Re: I kid you not,

Originally posted by VJ

AKA "The Golden Banana"
              I believe it takes in the shit-end of England too..
              www.my-piano.blogspot

Comment

Au contraire. Kent. The place to be.

Comment

Dartford

Gravesend

Gillingham

Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

See, Kent is so good that Essex folk are drawn to Kent like Mexicans to America.

The decent Kentish towns are Sevenoaks, Tonbridge, Royal Tunbridge Wells and Pratt's Bottom.

Comment

Yeah, I suppose I have become accustomed to it. Although technically I spend more of my time there
                      Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Originally posted by Tacc

And that, my friends, is the reason why Europe will not be among the big players in the next 50 years.
                        I don't remember anyone asking me if I wanted europe to be amongst the big players.

I have no problem with increasing the free trade zone which will bu itself help poorer regions.

But please explain why my money should be spent on corrupt agricultural sytems inother areas of europe.

I ahve far more in common with New Zealenders than with Rumanians and i'm not giving my monet to them
                        Space is big. You just won't believe how vastly, hugely, mind- bogglingly big it is. I mean, you may think it's a long way down the road to the chemist's, but that's just peanuts to space.
                        Douglas Adams (Influential author)

Comment

Working...
                        X