more evidence against the liberal arts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Elok
    Huh? Have I given my rant about Parmenides of Elea here on 'Poly? If not, I'm afraid you've lost me. Actually, even if that is what you refer to, you're making no sense...
    I'm afraid I'm making sense.

In Soviet Russia, Fake borises YOU.

Comment

Originally posted by Asher

Where you avoid such people with clever career choice.
      You can't avoid them during your lunch break though...especially if they are serving you
      Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Originally posted by GePap

NO. I am arguing that a chimp taught, well, anything, is more likeable than Asher.
        The scale of likeability:

chimp > Asher > gangrene > GePap
        Why can't you be a non-conformist just like everybody else?

It's no good (from an evolutionary point of view) to have the physique of Tarzan if you have the sex drive of a philosopher. -- Michael Ruse
        The Nedaverse I can accept, but not the Berzaverse. There can only be so many alternate realities. -- Elok

Comment

Originally posted by Oncle Boris
          I'm afraid I'm making sense.

http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...01#post4730901
          Huh, whaddaya know, I did bring that up here. That's some good indirect thread-necromancy there. WRT Parmenides, he really was inventing a difficulty based on the limitations of his language. The same lame gimmick would have worked in modern English, but not in Spanish, which has several different verbs for "to be," including a whole separate "to exist," haber. Now, there may be a multitude of philosophical questions regarding existence apart from Parmenides, but On Nature is demonstrably crap. That's all.
          1011 1100
          Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

Originally posted by DaShi

Don't you worry that such an education may make the students think they are experts in topics they only dabbled in. Just saying.
            youre not an expert on anything 101
            "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
            'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

I hated that class. Really ruined my self-esteem.
              “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
              "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

you could be an expert on ruined self esteem
                "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
                'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

I'm not sure. I don't think I'm good enough.
                  “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                  "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Working...
                  X