more evidence against the liberal arts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• more evidence against the liberal arts

"Liberal communitarian and post-structural social theories which emphasize the social construction of the self-help explain why expression which distorts or undermines one’s self-conception can be a serious social problem."

I submit this as evidence that liberal arts majors cannot write.

I think your sweeping condemnation of millions of students based on a single sentence written by one individual discredits your credibility enough to safely say this thread is crap.
    If you don't like reality, change it! me
    "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
    "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
    "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Originally posted by GePap
      discredits your credibility
      May I submit this as exhibit B?
      "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

Comment

Comment

I think you just lack reading comprehension.
          "The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists."
          -Joan Robinson

Comment

Oh I know what she's saying, she's just a terrible writer.

Comment

Originally posted by Jaguar

May I submit this as exhibit B?

Poly isn't worth spell checking, certainly not for you two clowns.

If this thread is an example of the type of arguments Kuci will write, I suggest community college. Grading there is sufficiently lenient.

Comment

Oh, and while I'm at it, your sig has been misspelled for years.
                "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

Comment

Originally posted by Jaguar
                  Oh, and while I'm at it, your sig has been misspelled for years.
                  Well goody, not that I give a rats ass.

Comment

Obviously.

Comment

I already did my time in school. Maybe I will go back, but this is the internet. If people can on purpose write 'teh', then I am not going to stress correct spelling.

Comment

Do these kuciguar circle jerks happen by accident, or are they planned?

Comment

Originally posted by Verto
                          Do these kuciguar circle jerks happen by accident, or are they planned?
                          I have circulated the theory that they are clones, though I have not seen any data on how many bathrooms Jaguar has in his home.

Comment

Originally posted by GePap
                            I already did my time in school.
                            That's the only place good writing is important

Comment

Originally posted by Kuciwalker

That's the only place good writing is important
                              One of the places, certainly.

I pay attention when the writting matters. At work the spellchecker certainly is not working overtime. But again, this is an internet forum, so I really couldn't care less about spelling, as long as its clear what words I was trying to use.

Comment

Working...
                              X