TV show - Lost

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TV show - Lost

Dude, what the hell just happened on Lost? They've had some mind-**** episodes before, but that one was in another league. What the hell happened to Desmond when the Hatch blew up? And why the **** do they keep calling him Scottish when he has the thickest Irish accent possible? And how hot is Penelope? Christ, he made a huge mistake dumping that girl. Twice...
    KH FOR OWNER!
    ASHER FOR CEO!!
    GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Very weird episode.

Comment

Great weird, though...
      KH FOR OWNER!
      ASHER FOR CEO!!
      GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

The problem with "logic" is that it makes things out to be nothing but simple dualities. Proponents of logic want us to believe that everything is true or false, black or white, yes or no, paper or plastic, etc. Thankfully, there are some among us, like Mark Harrison's colleague, who are not afraid to stand up to these logic advocates and shout "no, I will not succumb to your false dichotomies!" Today, I think we all should salute those few brave people ...

Comment

Old Whiskey. What a crock.

Comment

Originally posted by Kuciwalker
            http://tinyurl.com/2qtean
            No nice pictures. Veto.

Comment

Desmond has got a Scottish accent. Can't comment on the episode as we're a few behind

Comment

My Irish friends beg to differ with you.

edit: The actor that plays Desmond was born in Peru to a Scots-Irish father and Peruvian mother, raised in Trindad & Tobago and moved to Scotland when he was 15, so maybe his accent is just so messed up that it's hard to place...
                Last edited by Drake Tungsten; February 15, 2007, 16:42.
                KH FOR OWNER!
                ASHER FOR CEO!!
                GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

I'm Irish but spend a decent amount of time in Scotland on business so it was easy enough for me to place

Then again some of my english friends have been convinced he's Irish until I corrected them so it must be an easy mistake to make!

Comment

The Irish just don't like to admit the similarities.

As for what happened after the hatch, it could have easily been a dream or vision.
                    “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                    "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

My ****ing Tivo had some kind of ****ing seizure or something, and totally whiffed on it last night.

Luckily for me, they're planning on replaying the episode prior to next week's.
                      "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                      "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

Spoiler:
                        I think it was real. One of the producers gave a hint before the show saying "what do you call a flashback that isn't a flashback?" Makes me think Desmond really relived that part of his life.

Who the hell is the old lady? Is she suffering the same fate as Desmond? If so, how?

edit: Spoilered for Guy's protection...
                        KH FOR OWNER!
                        ASHER FOR CEO!!
                        GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Drake Tungsten
                          Spoiler:
                          I think it was real. One of the producers gave a hint before the show saying "what do you call a flashback that isn't a flashback?" Makes me think Desmond really relived that part of his life.

Who the hell is the old lady? Is she suffering the same fate as Desmond? If so, how?

edit: Spoilered for Guy's protection...
                          I think she's just doomed to play a mysterious secondary character with little to no development.
                          “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                          "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Quite possibly.
                            KH FOR OWNER!
                            ASHER FOR CEO!!
                            GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

I didn't start a thread named "TV show - Lost". WTF?
                              KH FOR OWNER!
                              ASHER FOR CEO!!
                              GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X