Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who will be the Democratic nominee for President?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks.

1152x768, not that I think it has anything to do with resolution. More likely, it's a matter of what style one uses to view the forums. I use the default/heavy style FWIW. Yours is the only location field that's causing "trouble" at the moment, and I believe there's only ever been one other that did.

Edit: Problem is solved now.
    Last edited by Winston; February 15, 2007, 19:52.

Comment

It'll probably be Hillary, more's the pity. Ignoring that, hard to imagine the GOP winning in '08; but confronted with a likely Hillary nom, it is practically in the bag for the Reds.

I'd prefer Edwards, Richardson, Vilsack, or Obama.
      "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
      "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

I used default/heavy as well, and no problems.
        “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
        - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Hillary - I'm assuming she'll have the most money and therefore the nomination.
          Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. - Ben Franklin
          Iain Banks missed deadline due to Civ | The eyes are the groin of the head. - Dwight Schrute.
          One more turn .... One more turn .... | WWTSD

Comment

Originally posted by Guynemer
            It'll probably be Hillary, more's the pity. Ignoring that, hard to imagine the GOP winning in '08; but confronted with a likely Hillary nom, it is practically in the bag for the Reds.
            Actually, Hillary said something interesting the other day: "I'm the candidate the Republicans are most afraid of, because Bill and I are the only ones who know how to beat them, and we have."

I actually think that may be true. People keep assuming Hillary will lose because people don't like her. But you win US elections not by being generally embraced, but by defeating your opponents. That may be her ace in the hole.
            "I have as much authority as the pope. I just don't have as many people who believe it." — George Carlin

Comment

Originally posted by Rufus T. Firefly
              I actually think that may be true. People keep assuming Hillary will lose because people don't like her. But you win US elections not by being generally embraced, but by defeating your opponents. That may be her ace in the hole.
              Bill beat Bush 41, who didn't have the same tactics behind him that Bush 43 has, and Bob Dole, who never had a chance.

Political climate is much different.
              Resident Filipina Lady Boy Expert.

Comment

Hillary's easily the biggest threat to the GOP. Obama's way too liberal to win the general and the other Dem nominees don't seem that threatening.
                KH FOR OWNER!
                ASHER FOR CEO!!
                GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

Exactly. Forget "likeable candidate" or "inspiring candidate." Which Dem best deserves the label "formidable candidate"? Hillary, surely. I'm not sure anyone else even gets close.
                  "I have as much authority as the pope. I just don't have as many people who believe it." — George Carlin

Comment

Working...
                  X