Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who will be the Democratic nominee for President?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Berzerker
    How many sneak attacks have we launched since Pearl Harbor?
    Well, let's count them:

(1) Cambodia
    (2) Laos
    (3) Grenada
    (4) Panama
    (5) Libya

Do we get credit for Chile?? I don't think so. We didn't do it; we just stood back and watched.
    And I don't think it counts as a "sneak attack" to arrange for a coup or revolution, like we did in Guadamala and Iran.

Comment

Obama, the man is just too charismatic not to get it. I think between Hillary/Obama all the other candidates will be smothered very early on, as this poll already shows 90% believe it is now a two horse race, this will become self-fulfilling.

I agree with SlowHands comment

If it's her, I have no faith she'd win. None. Zip.
      Provided the Republican candidate is not a hard right candidate. The reason being that Hillary or any woman for that matter will not be able to win the womans vote. Woman KNOW woman and would not entrust them with that level of responsibility, anything lower their comfortable with but President is over the line. Polling can not be relied on to reveal this as theirs a guy level thing here.

Much has been made of Obama being unelectable because of racism, the demographic ware most of thats coming from, southern white males are already in the Republican column, the middle desides the election. Hillary's weakness will be Middle and lower class Women a Democratic stronghold, a pro-choice Republican could turn them in droves.

Primaries are such that Hillary could win their and thats what I'm most afraid of because it would throw the general election to the republicans. So I'll be backing Obama and if he has fumbled prior to that point the best not-Hillary candidate left.
      Companions the creator seeks, not corpses, not herds and believers. Fellow creators, the creator seeks - those who write new values on new tablets. Companions the creator seeks, and fellow harvesters; for everything about him is ripe for the harvest. - Thus spoke Zarathustra, Fredrick Nietzsche

Comment

You know why it'll be Hillary? Because it's only Feb 2007, and we're already handicapping the race.

This is going to be a loooooong process, and that fact favors Hillary. Why? First, because she's got enough money for the long haul. Second, because all her negatives are going to get a lot of scrutiny now -- which will make them old news by the time people start voting, and thus unlikely to affect many votes. Third, because charisma is only going to take Obama so far, and if he spends the next 11 months showing off his toothy grin and lack of compelling ideas, he's just going to be a big empty suit by the time New Hampshire rolls around.

In short, the prize this time is going to go to the candidate with the greatest capacity for endurance. Love her or hate her, but is there really any doubt that that's Hillary?
        "I have as much authority as the pope. I just don't have as many people who believe it." — George Carlin

Comment

I read this thread as "Who will be the Demonic nominee for President?"
          "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
          "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
          "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

lol same thing LOL

[/ned]

Comment

Originally posted by Kuciwalker
              Er, why do we care, again?
              If you don't want non-USians to post then I'll label this a club thread and close it. It's a website, anyone's entitled to an opinion.
              Smile
              For though he was master of the world, he was not quite sure what to do next
              But he would think of something

"Hm. I suppose I should get my waffle a santa hat." - Kuciwalker

Comment

Originally posted by Drogue
                It's a website, anyone's entitled to an opinion.

It's my opinion that you should spend the 5 seconds necessary to insert a space before "Northampton" in your location field, so as not to screw up the alignment of posts.

Comment

Originally posted by Drogue
                  If you don't want non-USians to post then I'll label this a club thread and close it. It's a website, anyone's entitled to an opinion.
                  I just don't see what would be accomplished by you joining an anyone-but-Hillary movement.

Comment

Imagine this: A Clinton-Obama/Obama-Clinton Dem ticket.

It would just about lock another term for the Republicans.

I didn't think it was possible.
                    Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
                    1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

lol can you be veep four terms LOL

Comment

Originally posted by Winston

It's my opinion that you should spend the 5 seconds necessary to insert a space before "Northampton" in your location field, so as not to screw up the alignment of posts.
                        I second this! Any other takers say 'Aye'!
                        Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
                        1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

Nay... use a higher resolution .
                          “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                          - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

"Aye"
                            "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
                            "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
                            "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

Originally posted by Winston
                              Wait, what res do you view at? I have England on the same line too Will do though
                              Smile

Comment

Originally posted by Kuciwalker
                                I just don't see what would be accomplished by you joining an anyone-but-Hillary movement.
                                It was more a general comment of I'd rather have any other candidate (almost) than her. She just strikes me as someone who's not sure of herself on any issue, who's driven by popular opinion and will change on a whim, and I don't see her making tough decisions as President.
                                Smile

Comment

Working...
                                X