Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I need a program that can test all of my ports...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Using wire shark now... I dont see any clear way to scan all ports for the traffic they can handle.

If I understand this, this program can be used to scan existing traffic. It has a ton of other neat nifty tools to do things I don't need.

There must exist some specialized program to do what I want-I can't be the only person to ever want to scan and test all my ports heh.

Using wireshark for this specific purpose is like handing me a c complier when I ask for a calculator. Technically yes, I could make a calculator with this, but not easily.
    Last edited by Vesayen; February 13, 2007, 19:09.

Comment

May be the link. It's been a while, but I'll check it out.
      Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
      "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
      He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Vesayen, Nmap may be more what you're looking for, then?

Nmap Free Security Scanner, Port Scanner, & Network Exploration Tool. Download open source software for Linux, Windows, UNIX, FreeBSD, etc.

As far as scanning ports for what traffic they can handle... are you talking about tunneling/changing the port that certain applications use?
        B♭3

Comment

I dont plan on tunneling or changing the ports, I just need to know which can handle lots of traffic so I can use them... some programs allow many different ports to be used.

Comment

... are you asking if, say, port 80 has more bandwidth than 21?

Comment

I think what he has found

is that he is connected to a network with QoS policies in place. He is trying to get around those QoS policies by switching the port of the applications he wants to use to ports not restricted by those QoS policies.
              “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

Originally posted by Kuciwalker
                ... are you asking if, say, port 80 has more bandwidth than 21?
                If my network allows more traffic through 1 port then another, yes.

Originally posted by pchang
                is that he is connected to a network with QoS policies in place. He is trying to get around those QoS policies by switching the port of the applications he wants to use to ports not restricted by those QoS policies.
                Bingo.

Comment

Re: I think what he has found

Originally posted by pchang
                  Isn't that what I said?
                  "In the beginning was the Word. Then came the ******* word processor." -Dan Simmons, Hyperion

Comment

Working...
                  X