Teh French are teh silly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pekka
    I care that you LIVE. That is, it frustrates me. If you were all demolished, I wouldn't care.
    I am not sure it is funny to write that under the flag of Israel.
    Statistical anomaly.
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

Comment

I believe I heard something like this on the radio a few days ago, some dane complaining about that we have to many English words in our language and he wants to do something about it, or something like that... I wasn't really paying attention
      This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

Originally posted by Brachy-Pride

Well, In spain Catalan, Basque and Galician are co-official in the "autonomous communities" they are spoken.
        True, but Spain is a very young democracy (30 years), and till now the use of the Basque language did not refrain Basque people from claiming independance with an undemocratic strategy.
        Statistical anomaly.

Comment

frenchies

Comment

Originally posted by DAVOUT

Seven official languages for a population of 60 millions is equivalent to 140 official languages for a population of 1200 millions.
            That's the dumbest argument I've heard.
            There are countries with 2 or 3 official languages with 5 million people, so France should have 30-45 , that's the equivalent..

There is no reasons why a country with higher population should be able to have more official languages easily, and I could find some arguments to the contrary.

India, for one, as well as other countries, demonstrate that it is possible for a democracy to run well and have many official languages. So you are wrong about that.

Comment

I don't think India is giving anyone an example of well-functioning.
              In Soviet Russia, Fake borises YOU.

Comment

And France is?`

Comment

good point
                  "I realise I hold the key to freedom,
                  I cannot let my life be ruled by threads" The Web Frogs
                  Middle East!

Comment

davout, so what? I don't think it's funny the French have an internet connection.
                    In da butt.
                    "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
                    THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
                    "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

As someone whose native language has considerably more French loans than English ones, my ability to sympathize with these goons is limited.
                      Why can't you be a non-conformist just like everybody else?

It's no good (from an evolutionary point of view) to have the physique of Tarzan if you have the sex drive of a philosopher. -- Michael Ruse
                      The Nedaverse I can accept, but not the Berzaverse. There can only be so many alternate realities. -- Elok

Comment

Originally posted by Oncle Boris
                        I don't think India is giving anyone an example of well-functioning.
                        How so?
                        It functions well enough.

This is so subjective, but it is hard to see how you could show that India "functions" much worse than say the US or Europe.

Comment

Originally posted by Lul Thyme

That's the dumbest argument I've heard.
                          There are countries with 2 or 3 official languages with 5 million people, so France should have 30-45 , that's the equivalent..

There is no reasons why a country with higher population should be able to have more official languages easily, and I could find some arguments to the contrary.

India, for one, as well as other countries, demonstrate that it is possible for a democracy to run well and have many official languages. So you are wrong about that.
                          Two questions :
                          1. Which five millions population countries have three official languages?
                          2. US and Canada have a number of native american populations whose languages have not been officialized. Would you say that this is not democratic?
                          Statistical anomaly.

Comment

France can retain their sense of unique identity by making proper baguettes.

Anyway, as Auntie Boris says, speaking French and English makes you more intelligent apparantly, with better opinions, so armed with this, they can colonise the world quite easily.

Comment

Wow. Some of you guys, most should I say, are really idiots.

You guys are really racist. Who cares if they want to keep there language and all that shlt? Texas wants to keep their guns, Great Britain wants to keep the beattles and Africa wants OJ Simpson back. Who the **** cares?

Why hate people for what they want? Also, what this guys says is not necessarily what the whole population of France thinks.

Why so much hate? And afterwards, you guys are the first to claim how racist something is, how stupid some other things are and so on...Look at yourself first.

whining babies.

And I dont care if this is a France thread...this could be a Chili thread and I wouldn't think any different.

Funny how these posts are mostly from American posters in this thread, except for assimilated Pekka...No wonder why the whole freaking planet hates you guys.

Spec.
                              -Never argue with an idiot; He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Comment

Everyone hates France. The French should hate it as well, then we could accept them.
                                In da butt.
                                "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
                                THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
                                "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

Working...
                                X