Apolyton's Valentine's Day Celebration -- Jesus or Barabbas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apolyton's Valentine's Day Celebration -- Jesus or Barabbas

With Valentine's Day coming up, I thought Apolyton should mark the day in a special way. I've looked up the many possible origins that range from fertility festival to greeting card company greed festival. In 1969, the church actually removed St. Valentine's day from it's official holiday calendar. FOR SHAME

Since my id has been commonly associated to RA the Sun God, I thought maybe we should mock this day in deference to most organized religions. Since my being raised to part owner of APOLYTON, I have yet to abuse my new powers, but have decided that that oversight is about to end.

So, to celebrate my new powers I will borrow a rite used in ancient times for festivals. I have reviewed the list of prisoners that have been permanently exiled to our favorite island and will put forth the name of two for possible release.

Jesus
    Stewart Spink

I ask you, loyal subjects of the OT, to express your opinion on who I should release and why. On Valentine's Day, I will review all the post and release one from exile.

Let's celebrate their impending release.

Please TRY to keep the personal abuse to a minimum,

Banana was added to abide by the religious habits of the ignorant masses.
    Jesus
    29.41%
    Stewart Spink
    37.25%
    Bannana
    33.33%
    Last edited by rah; February 8, 2007, 15:50.
    It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
    RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Who's Stewart Spink?
    Why can't you be a non-conformist just like everybody else?

It's no good (from an evolutionary point of view) to have the physique of Tarzan if you have the sex drive of a philosopher. -- Michael Ruse
    The Nedaverse I can accept, but not the Berzaverse. There can only be so many alternate realities. -- Elok

Comment

Enigma_Nova
      THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
      AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
      AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
      DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

Who banned 'bannana'?

Comment

Yes, alas the immortal gods have selected someone from the ancient past who if you are unaware of the story, you must be a noob. I leave it to the other old timers to relate his tale of sin.
          Stewart was selected because like barabbas, he too was an insurgent.
          It may be time for his tale to be retold and discussed.
          It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
          RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

I am also interested in knowning what the Admins have against these characters.

JM
            Jon Miller-
            I AM.CANADIAN
            GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

If you release Spink, will you ban him immediately after that for possessing a DL?

Comment

No, along with release comes dispensation.

Jesus was a rabble rouser who didn't worship the proper gods.
                Spink, I'll let others relay the tale
                Bannana, just annoys me.

And being an all seeing god, I can tell who has voted.
                Those that vote should verbalize a justification for their votes, or the gods will be displeased. (except for my vote since I don't have to justify anything )
                RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Re: Apolyton's Valentine's Day Celebration -- Jesus or Barabbas

Originally posted by rah
                  Please TRY to keep the personal abuse to a minimum,

Banana was added to abide by the religious habits of the ignorant masses.

Anyways... I'd go with Barabbas... Easter would be a much more fitting holiday to unban Jesus.

Comment

Originally posted by rah
                    And being an all seeing god, I can tell who has voted.
                    Those that vote should verbalize a justification for their votes, or the gods will be displeased. (except for my vote since I don't have to justify anything )

But the question requires a doddly answer
                    THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES

Comment

Don't tease the masses with a not so subtle cryptic message. It will anger the gods.
                      RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Have the gods been enjoying Teh Sweet Nectar on a Thursday afternoon?

Comment

What about YYYH!?
                          Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
                          "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Maybe the next holiday. The gods are fickle.
                            RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Or is that pickled.
                              RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Working...
                              X