Show & Tell...I've got a piece of the Berlin Wall

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Show & Tell...I've got a piece of the Berlin Wall

My German stepmother got it for me in Germany just after the wall came down. It's a broken piece of cement with spray paint on a flat side. It's contained in a little plastic display case. Says 'Berlin Wall' on it.

Next...
    Long time member @ Apolyton
    Civilization player since the dawn of time

ive got a piece of the berlin wall in my brain
    Safer worlds through superior firepower

Comment

Do tell.
      Long time member @ Apolyton
      Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

I've got the fire exit sign that's been missing from our corridor for six months.
        www.my-piano.blogspot

Comment

I've got my dad's WW II uniform....Tropical Lighting Division.

Comment

I have a Maurice Richard signature, which was given to me by the man personally. I remember that day fondly.
            Resident Filipina Lady Boy Expert.

Comment

I've got a piece of the Berlin Wall too.

I got it from the German family I was staying at in Munich when I was there (in ~1990) for a trip with the choir I was in then... No display case, though.
              Civilization II: maps, guides, links, scenarios, patches and utilities (+ Civ2Tech and CivEngineer)

Comment

I have the ships diary of one of my relatives who was sailor on the light cruiser Emden during WW I
                Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
                Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

I was in East Germany when all that happened. I don't need a piece of the wall to remember. I wore a uniform and had a gun with live ammunition. Thank God I didn't have to fire it.

Comment

I went over there when the wall fell. I was allmost dragged over to the east in a big crowd at some obscure Berlin border post.

Good thing I didn't annoy Sir Ralph
                    "post reported"Winston, on the barricades for freedom of speech
                    "I don't like laws all over the world. Doesn't mean I am going to do anything but post about it."Jon Miller

Comment

I arrived the night after. IIRC the wall fell on a thursday evening.

First stop: Brand new border crossing...
                      Attached Files
                      "I don't like laws all over the world. Doesn't mean I am going to do anything but post about it."Jon Miller

Comment

Next morning (after a short sleep in the car),

Brandenburger Tor
                        Attached Files

Comment

I've got a Modesty Blaise poster signed by Peter O'Donnel (I got it at a comics convention in the late 80's I think...) I've also met Noam Chomsky in person and had a group discussion with him
                          I love being beaten by women - Lorizael

Comment

And finally:

Go East young man!
                            Attached Files

Comment

Ok, it's not like being there at the fall of the Berlin Wall, but still...
                              I love being beaten by women - Lorizael

Comment

Working...
                              X