Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Solver
    22nd.

Ha ha ha, and poor people will be almost ready for Christmas.
    "I realise I hold the key to freedom,
    I cannot let my life be ruled by threads" The Web Frogs
    Middle East!

Comment

Originally posted by Dauphin

Ken Livingstone is not the Lord Mayor of the City of London, it's some other dude. Ken is just plain old Mayor of London
      So I stand corrected

"The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists."
      -Joan Robinson

Comment

Insulting dead cultures

Have some respect, people!

Comment

Originally posted by Berzerker

Ever hear of the Age of Aquarius? Ages are defined by celestial events, the heliacal rising of a particular constellation on the solstice or equinox for example. While Mayan ages may have ended with some calamity there have been 4 or 5 over the last ~15-25 thousand years so it aint like the world is going anywhere.

It is possible the Maya and their predecessors had been calculating the period of a comet that buzzed us a few thousand years ago and figured out it will return to our vicinity in 2012.
          Yes I've heard of the Age of Aquarius, I even owned the album for a while.

Interesting you should mention a possible Mayan predicted comet because that's what the bible code says will wipe us out. Also, the Mayan ages always ended with calamity as you say, but they always had another age following. Like the next domino in the line. After the age ending in 2012 there are no more ages. We are S.O.A. There are no more Mayan erected dominos. We are S.O.D. The doom of our mother earth cradle is upon us, we are toast. It's time to wear your underwear in case you get in an accident. Watch out for banana peals, tacks on the floor and death from above.
          Long time member @ Apolyton
          Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

There are no more Mayan erected dominos.

I thought we'd just agreed they were all stiffs?

Comment

These dominos were erected by pre-stiff Mayans.

Comment

I hear building domino constructions can make you quite stiff. They should've taken up a different hobby. Tiddlywinks say.
                One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by Dauphin
                  I hear building domino constructions can make you quite stiff. They should've taken up a different hobby. Tiddlywinks say.
                  Inquiring minds want to know... What do "Tiddlywinks say"? A hobby suggestion from them perhaps?

Comment

Originally posted by Lancer
                    Watch out for ... tacks on the floor and death from above.
                    Once again proving that nothing is certain except death and tackses.

Comment

A tripple !

Comment

Working...
                      X