No announcement yet.

Why I oppose the Aryan invasion theory

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I did some research on Aryan invasion theory and most of what I found were bull**** websites put up by raving Hindu nationalists which made completely false claims. Are those people so insecure that they can't just rebutt historical facts and instead have to completely distort and misrepresent the other side? These Hindu nationalists remind me of the biblical creationists in their obtuseness and deliberate lies.
    Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

• The original link (to the chapter, and the book) I posted is quite solid.

The problem is that lots of bull**** is flying around, due to the emotive nature of the issue, and it drowns out the serious and sober researchers' voices.

I'll give you other sources if you want.

Comment

• Originally posted by aneeshm
        The original link (to the chapter, and the book) I posted is quite solid.

The problem is that lots of bull**** is flying around, due to the emotive nature of the issue, and it drowns out the serious and sober researchers' voices.

I'll give you other sources if you want.
        The only emotion on this issue come from Hindu Nationalist idiots who scream "WESTERN LIES!!!" when their BS is disproven.

Comment

• Originally posted by Odin

The only emotion on this issue come from Hindu Nationalist idiots who scream "WESTERN LIES!!!" when their BS is disproven.
          So the vicious personal attacks on, and the summary dismissals of, serious scholars who propound an alternate hypothesis, by people like Witzel, is not emotive?

Comment

So the vicious personal attacks on, and the summary dismissals of, serious scholars who propound an alternate hypothesis, by people like Witzel, is not emotive?
            That's not the important point. I'm quite sure there ARE people "on the other side" who make weak arguments and uphold them just because they WANT something to use for their case. I'm sure there ARE are some crazy Dalit movements or organizations.
            It is how such positions are used and generalized as the common "anti-Brahmin" mentality of everyone who happens to disagree with a particular Brahmin-pride agenda, throwing them in the same pot.
            And because everyone else is so deliberately distorting facts just in order to make brahmins appear bad, please accept our version, which must be teh truth then.
            "The world is too small in Vorarlberg". Austrian ex-vice-chancellor Hubert Gorbach in a letter to Alistar [sic] Darling, looking for a job...
            "Let me break this down for you, fresh from algebra II. A 95% chance to win 5 times means a (95*5) chance to win = 475% chance to win." Wiglaf, Court jester or hayseed, you judge.

Comment

• Everyone loves to use the term teh. It's happening more and more.
              Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wernazuma III

That's not the important point. I'm quite sure there ARE people "on the other side" who make weak arguments and uphold them just because they WANT something to use for their case.
                What happens when these crazies are the ones who are the most prominent ones? When, for instance, the Hindu American Foundation (a solidly moderate body) requested the California School Textbooks board to simply state that the Aryan Invasion theory is not gospel truth, it is still a theory which is being debated, Witzel and Thapar (a staunch communist, and dishonest to boot), for absolutely no reason whatsoever (at least, no reason other than sheer malice) went in there and tried to discredit and defame the HAF, saying that it was a chauvinist ploy.

These are the people who are simply not willing to even listen to the other side, and they're the BEST the proponents of the AIT have to offer. Contrast this with the best of the other side, and you come to see the difference.

Originally posted by Wernazuma III

I'm sure there ARE are some crazy Dalit movements or organizations.
                Again, the problem is that the crazies form the mainstream. It's the moderates who are the fringe.

It is how such positions are used and generalized as the common "anti-Brahmin" mentality of everyone who happens to disagree with a particular Brahmin-pride agenda, throwing them in the same pot.
                WTF? "Brahmin-pride"? This is the first time I've ever heard of that. Brahmins don't usually identify themselves first as "I am Brahmin", they think "I am X, Y, and Z, and oh, I almost forgot, I happen to be born into a Brahmin family".

And because everyone else is so deliberately distorting facts just in order to make brahmins appear bad, please accept our version, which must be teh truth then.
                I've never said or implied that I'm right because my opponents are wrong, nor have I ever said that everyone is out to make Brahmins appear bad.

Comment

• Every Brahmin I have known has appeared to be very conscious of being Brahmin.

JM
                  Jon Miller-
                  I AM.CANADIAN
                  GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

• Brahmin women should be forcibly inseminated with Dalit sperm.
                    12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
                    Stadtluft Macht Frei
                    Killing it is the new killing it
                    Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

• Originally posted by KrazyHorse
                      Brahmin women should be forcibly inseminated with Dalit sperm.
                      caste eugenics!
                      "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
                      'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

• Originally posted by KrazyHorse
                        Brahmin women should be forcibly inseminated with Dalit sperm.

We're only 2% to 5% of the population, you know, whereas Dalits constitute a much higher percentage. We don't really fit the standard profile of "teh oppressors" (but than, again, we never really were "teh oppressors", either).

Comment

• [q=aneeshm]WTF? "Brahmin-pride"? This is the first time I've ever heard of that. Brahmins don't usually identify themselves first as "I am Brahmin", they think "I am X, Y, and Z, and oh, I almost forgot, I happen to be born into a Brahmin family".[/q]

You mean except for you? Everyone here knows you are a Brahmin. There is a reason for that; you've emphasized it repeatedly.
                          “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                          - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

In fact, if our current vote-grubbing government mandates quotas in the private sector in employment, I'm getting the hell out of this country as soon as possible.
                            Where would you go to?

Comment

• Originally posted by MRT144

caste eugenics!
                              save vs spell.
                              "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

• Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
                                [q=aneeshm]WTF? "Brahmin-pride"? This is the first time I've ever heard of that. Brahmins don't usually identify themselves first as "I am Brahmin", they think "I am X, Y, and Z, and oh, I almost forgot, I happen to be born into a Brahmin family".[/q]

You mean except for you? Everyone here knows you are a Brahmin. There is a reason for that; you've emphasized it repeatedly.
                                That's because there's a lot of politics going on around caste. I mean, come on! People who are concerned with caste issues in politics will obviously be concerned with caste, won't they? There is a lot of politics in the Middle East about Judaism, so everyone knows that LOTM is Jewish. It automatically gets emphasised in any discussion relating to Israel, for instance, the same way that my caste will get emphasised in discussions relating to the Aryan invasion theory and caste politics in India.

Comment

Working...
                                X