Does working ever make you go crazy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does working ever make you go crazy?

I have this documentation I need to do. Somehow I don't feel like it. I haven't done a lot of programming lately, it's kind of my base but it's not something I like to return to.

So I had to do this little project, just a very basic little thingie. So I did it, but now I have to make the documentation, and I would rather stab myself. I just feel almost angry now. I really dont' want to do this freaking paper.

Sometimes people don't feel like doing stuff, but I mean, I'm way deeper into hatred than that by now. I don't want to do this ****. This is ****. I hate this part. I'm supposed to have it done by night, which is something I'll do but I might kill someone else first.
    In da butt.
    "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
    THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
    "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Get an assistant and make them do it.

I don't know much about your job but I would tend to think that killing people might slow your advancement. But merely abusing people might hasten it .
    You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

THis isn't part of my work, just general studies. In my work, I don't have to bother with this kind of crap. I mean, it's at least challenging. I hate going through code and documenting it. I really, really hate it.
      In da butt.
      "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius

Comment

"Every time I feel like working I lie down until the feeling goes away" - Oscar Wilde.

Comment

Well this is so unrewarding. At least when you are programming, you can kind of go with the flow. Documenting? That's just going from A to B, and everything in it is boring.

There's so much stupid stuff I have to add, like how I tested this baby. Well, it worked like a charm and if it works, there's no two ways about it really. Unusual, but this is the case now. So now I have to make up testing scenarios and all kinds of crap, it's just frustrating.
          In da butt.

Comment

Yes.

Spec.
            -Never argue with an idiot; He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Comment

If its just school is there not some way to just blow it off?
              You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

Four days in a row in the office is enough to make me a little crazy. I predict increased spamming in the next couple days...
                "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
                "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

No, not really. Unfortunately I need this one. It's one of the few 'mandatory' things. I've been pushing this one for later date for two years now, because this is such a boring thing to do. So now I just did it, but still have to complete the documenting part. In fact, I'm now doing my UML modelings, pretty boring crap. I figure I won't do any sequence charts, because that's the worst. Most boring, and then you make a little mistake and you go AAAAAAAARGH!!! I hate this crap.

It's like, you know the solution is correct, elegant and compact. So what do you want man? You see I have the required knowledge, what, you want me to run 10 km for you as well, just so that I put in the effort? Crap crap crap. Back to fiddling. The point is, I'm not getting paid, and the solution is already made trivial because I ruled.
                  In da butt.

Comment

I mean, this is.. I understand the importance of good documentation. It's pretty vital, but in this case it makes very little sense to do the 'full documentation'. This is too small.

I have 4 classes. And that's because I wanted to add something extra, it works fully with 3 classes. So, you want a million different visualizations of how it works? It makes no sense in this case. It's as if I had 2 classes and I still had to model them. "So you want me to draw a line between these two classes?" "YESSSSSSS!!" "**** off".
                    In da butt.

Comment

In programming a professional job is not completed until it has been properly documented. It is the same in surgery, whatever simple operation has been done by a star surgeon, it must be documented in all details.
                      You are just describing why you cannot yet be considered as a professional.
                      Statistical anomaly.
                      The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

Comment

No beer and no TV make Homer something something.

-Arrian
                        grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

I understand the importance of good documentation. It's pretty vital, but in this case it makes very little sense to do the 'full documentation'. This is too small.
                          This statement is contradictory, Pekka. Surely by now you understand that education requirements are not subject to logic. They are part of the contract -- you do these things, we give you your degree. Period.

Get a grip, boy, and pay your dues.
                          Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                          RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

davout, are you a ****ing idiot? I said I'm frustrated and hate documenting. I never said I won't do it. You are just describing what a waste of human skin you are.

Though I said I understand the importance of it, somehow you manage to spin this into anoter thing. I'm just going to call you a documenting boy from now on, because that's what you should be. Go on, make my coffee and do my documentation, since you're the professional. When you want to start documenting the equivalence of 'Hello World', I'll buy you a lollipop.
                            In da butt.

Comment

Well just post it here and someone will document it for you

Comment

Working...
                              X