Ohio's getting weird

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Ohio's getting weird

Ever been to Circleville? If so, you know that Ohio has always been weird.
    I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

$95 is far above minimum wage.

JM
      Jon Miller-
      I AM.CANADIAN
      GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

In a word? Bull****.
        You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

Originally posted by Blaupanzer
          Smacks of slavery to me. he Government does not have the right to usurp the labor of US workers except in a national emergency as declared by Congress
          Jury duty?
          12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
          Stadtluft Macht Frei
          Killing it is the new killing it
          Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Originally posted by Ogie Oglethorpe

How does this differ in principle to forced jury duty?
            ****. Too late.
            12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
            Stadtluft Macht Frei
            Killing it is the new killing it
            Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

[Nelson mode]

Ha Ha

[/Nelson mode]
              "Just puttin on the foil" - Jeff Hanson

“In a democracy, I realize you don’t need to talk to the top leader to know how the country feels. When I go to a dictatorship, I only have to talk to one person and that’s the dictator, because he speaks for all the people.” - Jimmy Carter

Comment

I like Ohio... coincidince?
                Monkey!!!

Comment

Actually, Witlich has a point.

I work in Wilmington, which is back water Ohio farm contry where all the old farts hang out at the McDonalds. Today, while having lunch, this 80 year old black dude went on and on about how much he hated gays... I wanted to smack the fewl, point out how he was being prejudice, and that the bible he was quoting also says that the greatest of all of god's gifts is that of love, not gossip and slander. A black homophobe, dude couldn't stop, until his buddy started talking about the difference between Payday candy bars and Mike 'n Ikes.

Behold the wisdom!
                  Monkey!!!

Comment

Working...
                  X