Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lion mauls 70 y/o grandpa. Grandma to the rescue! (humans 1 - cats 0.5)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nope. Just dumber.
    12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
    Stadtluft Macht Frei
    Killing it is the new killing it
    Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Obviously, I'm just kidding. My grandfather didn't have anybody to protect but himself. This woman was extremely brave...
      12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
      Stadtluft Macht Frei
      Killing it is the new killing it
      Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

by the way, the advice of the old man, of stabbing the puma in the eye, is a good advice, remember it, just in case you are attacked by a beast one day
        I need a foot massage

Comment

They guy who was being eaten by a shark got away by jabbing a finger in its eyes.

Comment

Originally posted by Brachy-Pride
            by the way, the advice of the old man, of stabbing the puma in the eye, is a good advice, remember it, just in case you are attacked by a beast one day
            It might help if you use a knife to do it.
            Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. - Ben Franklin
            Iain Banks missed deadline due to Civ | The eyes are the groin of the head. - Dwight Schrute.
            One more turn .... One more turn .... | WWTSD

Comment

I wonder how hard it would be to garrot the thing with a shirt and a stick? Seems like it would be more promising than the pen in the eye trick.

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Avalon

It might help if you use a knife to do it.
                Or your house keys at least
                I need a foot massage

Comment

Another story, another animal, but still I have to share it: My mother-in-law ju8st returned from South Africa. They vivisted an area where "there used to be baboons". Well, they started for a walk and really, there was a baboon - male - with a big, fresh scar in his face. When the baboon started moving quickly towards her, she decided to flee from the baboon back to the car. She jumped in, felt safe for a second and then noticed that the baboon had got into the car as well, on the driver's seat. She jumped out again and the baboon made himself comfortable in the car, eating away everything in the car, destroying her jacket (where she had some candy).
                  Her car was the attraction of the site then. Dozens of cars and a bus stopped, making fotos of the baboon in the car.
                  Finally, some native got the baboon out pushing him with a stick.

A good story, luckily no one got hurt.
                  "The world is too small in Vorarlberg". Austrian ex-vice-chancellor Hubert Gorbach in a letter to Alistar [sic] Darling, looking for a job...
                  "Let me break this down for you, fresh from algebra II. A 95% chance to win 5 times means a (95*5) chance to win = 475% chance to win." Wiglaf, Court jester or hayseed, you judge.

Comment

I saw something on Animal Planet, I think, where they had caught a cougar. I tuned in where they had arrived where they were going to release it and were trying to get it to leave the cage on the back of the truck. It wasn't leaving, so a guy started poking it with a stick. Of course, it got pissed, and was biting and clawing at the stick. Then it finally did leave the cage - but it came after the guy. He got in the truck fast. Right? Wrong! Unfortunately, the window was open, and the cat jumped up and was attacking him. He did manage to fend it off, but was a bit bloodied.
                    Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. - Ben Franklin
                    Iain Banks missed deadline due to Civ | The eyes are the groin of the head. - Dwight Schrute.

Comment

It was a leopard.

THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
                      AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
                      AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
                      DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

Leopards are mean mofos.
                        THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
                        AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
                        AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
                        DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

Originally posted by LordShiva
                          It was a leopard.
                          Ah, so it was. Thanks.

Leopards are mean mofos.
                          'Specially if ya poke 'em with a stick.

Comment

Remember that cave that was found in Africa with all the human skulls in it? The mystery was that all the skulls had the same two holes in them.

The first thought was that it was some kind of cave for human sacrifices, and somehow the punching of the two holes was somehow part of the ritual. Then someone realized that the holes were the same distance apart as leopard's fangs. For decades, maybe ceuturies, the big cats had been dragging their human prey up into a tree, eating them, and letting the skulls fall down into the cave.

Comment

Condition Of Man Who Survived Mountain Lion Attack Worsens

SAN FRANCISCO -- A 70-year-old Northern California man who survived an attack by a mountain lion is now in a San Francisco hospital.

Jim Hamm was transported in a medical plane Sunday night from Mad River Community Hospital in Arcata to California Pacific Medical Center.

Hamm was moved because officials are concerned about an infection setting in.

After doctors performed emergency surgery on his scalp, they downgraded his condition from fair to serious. He was in critical condition on Monday morning, according to The Today Show.

Hamm first underwent surgery Wednesday after a mountain lion attacked him at Prairie Creek Redwoods State Park, about 50 miles north of Eureka.

He and his wife -- Nell -- were hiking in the park when the lion pounced on him, scalped him, mauled his face, ripped off part of his lips and inflicted other puncture wounds and scratches.

Comment

Working...
                              X