Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A Palestinian Village cut in half by Israel's Wall...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Palestinian Village cut in half by Israel's Wall...

Let's open an adult debate about the effects of the building of Israel's security wall. There will be no personal insults or underhand tactics from either side...

Now on Channel 4 news the other day, there was an interesting news item regarding what the wall is doing to one Palestinian Village in particular...

One village spilt in two by Israel's controversial wall has been staging a non-violent protest for two years.

To Israel it is a security fence - the Palestinians call it the "apartheid wall".

It is more than three years since the Israelis began building a massive barrier - part fence, part concrete structure - designed, they say, to keep out terrorist attacks from the Palestinian territories.

But critics say it is less about security than annexing Palestinian land and expanding settlements.

A report out this week by the Israeli organisation Bimkom shows the barrier carving its way through the West Bank, pushing Palestinian communities into a series of enclaves.

Indigo Gilmore has spent the last week in Bilin - split in two by the barrier - where residents have been involved in two years of non-violent protests.

The clip is just over seven minutes, and provides a striking insight into what is happening along Israel's border with Palestine...

Discuss.

Remember, no personal stuff. Just a good clean debate like intelligent adults...
    Is it me, or is MOBIUS a horrible person?

I suppose conceivably the same thing could happen when we put up the wall at the Mexican border.
    Bad place to build a town.
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Move...
      KH FOR OWNER!
      ASHER FOR CEO!!
      GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

Only if the US were to decide arbitrarily to advance into Mexican territory and build a wall through a town without any respect for international borders.

Comment

Here's what you do;

Find a 13 year old Palestinian girl (preferablly slutty) and a 14 year old jewish boy who live in this town, make them fall in love, but then have their parents fobid them from seeing each other, then have them violate what their parents say, then give the girls maid some fake poison to pretend like she is dead so she can run with the jewish boy, but have the boy find her think she's dead, then have the boy kill himself because he can't live with her, then have her wake up and see him dead and kill herself, then something about rosencrantz, blah... blah... everyone feels bad, learns to love despite differences, and peace is restored... I mean gained.

uh... maybe we can just convince the palestinians that Iran is teh devil... might be easier.
          Monkey!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Drake Tungsten
            Move...
            Why should they? It has been their land for generations.

Don't you think that is a bit unfair? Would you like it if it happened to you?

Comment

Why would I care? I don't have a problem with Israel. Hell, I'd pray that I ended up on the Israel side of the wall, away from the ****hole run by my self-destructive countrymen...
              KH FOR OWNER!
              ASHER FOR CEO!!
              GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

I'm think I like this wall idea... when we wall off Mexico I think it should run from about just north of Riverside, CA to New Orleans.
                Monkey!!!

Comment

KH FOR OWNER!
                  ASHER FOR CEO!!
                  GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Drake Tungsten
                    Why would I care? I don't have a problem with Israel. Hell, I'd pray that I ended up on the Israel side of the wall, away from the ****hole run by my self-destructive countrymen...
                    I don't think you would because you would still be treated as a Palestinian by the israelis and be trapped on the wrong side of the wall. If your house or fields weren't bulldozed to make way for the wall, you would still be subject to waiting for hours at a time a multiple checkpoints just to get around and woe betide any member of your family suddenly needing the hospital.

I respectfully suggest you watch to video to see what sort of things these peaceful Palestinians have had to endure for the past couple of years. It might even make you reconsider your comments?

Comment

Originally posted by Japher
                      I'm think I like this wall idea... when we wall off Mexico I think it should run from about just north of Riverside, CA to New Orleans.
                      I doubt Slowwhand would be happy with you saying that...

Comment

he can't understand that... he 'no comprendo, Sloww habla chicano mexicano... si?'
                        Monkey!!!

Comment

I don't think you would because you would still be treated as a Palestinian by the israelis and be trapped on the wrong side of the wall.

I was trying to imagine myself as a Palestinian. Of course, I didn't go so far as to act insane, so I probably didn't do a good job.
                          KH FOR OWNER!
                          ASHER FOR CEO!!
                          GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

I have news for you, buckwheat I want them to build a wall around all of Texas. I can't watch the Okies without the Mexicans and Coonasses trying to get by me.
                            As far as New Mexico, hell, just forget it. I can only patrol so much by myself. West Texas will have to take some responsibility, and don't think they don't, because they do.
                            Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                            "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                            He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Originally posted by Japher
                              Find a 13 year old Palestinian girl (preferablly slutty) and a 14 year old jewish boy who live in this town, make them fall in love, but then have their parents fobid them from seeing each other, then have them violate what their parents say, then give the girls maid some fake poison to pretend like she is dead so she can run with the jewish boy, but have the boy find her think she's dead, then have the boy kill himself because he can't live with her, then have her wake up and see him dead and kill herself, then something about rosencrantz, blah... blah... everyone feels bad, learns to love despite differences, and peace is restored... I mean gained.
                              No, all that would happen is the girl's parents would be stoned to death for raising a whore, and cartoonists around the ME would add "dirty seducer of little girls" to the list of negative attributes assigned to Jews. Oh, and the Israelis would probably throw in a couple of airstrikes against the neighborhood of whoever supplied the luckless pair with weapons/poison to kill themselves, with the aim of cutting off the enemy's supply of munitions. That's usually our job, but we're busy in Iraq atm.
                              1011 1100
                              Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

Working...
                              X