Ask a Muslim

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ask a Muslim

There's a Muslim answering poster questions over at CFC. His replies are..... illuminating, really. Post your questions here, and I'll ask them to him and post here his replies.

Or, in case anyone is a CFC member, here is the thread.

Errr.. me and Ramo grew up in Muslim households. Just say no to CFC!
    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

If we bring these threads to Poly OT, Imran could make history as the first answerer .
      Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
      I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

I admit being active for quite a long time at CFC after CIV3 was out
        Blah

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
          Errr.. me and Ramo grew up in Muslim households. Just say no to CFC!
          But you are not representative of the non-liberals out there. That guy answers everything from the non-denominational fundamentalist point of view, which is what is interesting about this. Till now, he has supported polygamy, called homosexuality a major sin, said that (any and all) music is bad for the soul, that all other religions are false, that all Muslims are superior to all non-Muslims, that women should wear the full hijab, that......

Comment

First off, be wary of some random "muslim" poster on teh internets.

-Arrian
            grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

Originally posted by Arrian
              First off, be wary of some random "muslim" poster on teh internets.

-Arrian
              The guy looks genuine enough.

Comment

So, you've checked his resume?
                “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Eh, maybe he is, maybe he isn't. Tough to say if you've just come across him. I'd be wary of possible trollage.

-Arrian

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
                    So, you've checked his resume?
                    I said "looks" - not "is".

Comment

Anyway - does nobody have any questions?

Comment

Anyway, as to the subjects you've mentioned, I've little doubt that a conservative/radical muslim would give those sorts of answers. Much like a fundy Christian would give similar ones (they would clearly differ on polygamy).

This is surprising... how?

-Arrian

Comment

Eh, maybe he is, maybe he isn't. Tough to say if you've just come across him. I'd be wary of possible trollage.

-Arrian
                          Polytubbies seeing trolls everywhere - I wonder why that is
                          Blah

Comment

Anyway, as to the subjects you've mentioned, I've little doubt that a conservative/radical muslim would give those sorts of answers. Much like a fundy Christian would give similar ones (they would clearly differ on polygamy).

This is surprising... how?

-Arrian
                            It isn't. If you want any questions answered by an orthodox or fundamentalist Muslim, ask here. That is the whole point of this thread.

Comment

Once bitten, twice shy

What do you want, aneeshm? A bunch of posts declaring that Islam is bad (and, ergo, Hindus for the win!)?

-Arrian

Comment

Working...
                              X