No announcement yet.

Colbert meets Papa Bear

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

so what is clever to TCO? larry the cable guy? scuttlebutt humor?
    "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
    'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

Originally posted by TCO
      Kind of a two-bit trick for the pat on own back middlebrow set. I'm sure you thought it was clever...
      I'm sure the lowerbrow in america had a good laugh too. Its not like they are going to be better off with the republican,right-wing conservative crap that rules america today.

Comment

Better than some French Eurocom dicklickers that would be speaking German if we hadn't won the war for their cowardly asses.

Comment

Eventis is the only refuge of the spammer. Join us now.
          Long live teh paranoia smiley!

Comment

Cliche but still worth 0.0001/10000
            Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Originally posted by TCO
              Kind of a two-bit trick for the pat on own back middlebrow set. I'm sure you thought it was clever...
              Clever? In this case, no. Colbert was in-character, but his words were clearly, bluntly, obviously outrageous, and D'Souza hadn't betrayed any sense of humor, nor any sly wink that suggested he was playing along (unlike Bill O'Reilly, who's clearly going along with the joke in the show)...

...frankly, it was amazing in its WTF, depressing, hysterical-ness.
              B♭3

Comment

Colbert is great, saying which is better its like a Kirk vs Picard rivalry. They each have very different styles both personaly and the jokes that are writen for them. Stephen has the more traditional SNL style but I get the impression that hes better at off the cuff improvising and he frequently cracks up when a guest gives a good zinger. Colberts strength is the ability to stay absolutly unbreakably in-character and all the humor is through that well scripted and polished character.
                Companions the creator seeks, not corpses, not herds and believers. Fellow creators, the creator seeks - those who write new values on new tablets. Companions the creator seeks, and fellow harvesters; for everything about him is ripe for the harvest. - Thus spoke Zarathustra, Fredrick Nietzsche

Comment

And Stewart?
                  Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
                  "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

colbert has recently begun being more and more lefty. to the point of idiocy sometime.

Of course, you can eventually ridicule everything. but has to be funny, and reasonable. if it is unreasonable - it loses its irony and becomes silly.

also - he and stewart both are one trick poneys - laughing at the right wing administration.

that's why i really like south park. it is eventually more clever, funnier and really ironic.

Comment

Originally posted by Sirotnikov
                      colbert has recently begun being more and more lefty. to the point of idiocy sometime.
                      Are you for real?
                      "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                      Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Siro's never had a sense of humour, or much of a brain.

I tend to ignore what he says.
                        12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
                        Stadtluft Macht Frei
                        Killing it is the new killing it
                        Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Are you for real?

I obviously don't mean his stage character.

His portrayal of a "typical" right winger is often very amusing, but at some point, the cynicism goes beyond what is reasonable, and loses its point.

In many cases it goes beyond what it is supposed to ridicule, and eventually ridicules non-existent supposedly right wing views. (strawmen anyone?)

Mocking a right winger and constantly saying "its known all muslims are terrorists" can only be funny and ironic for so long. Then it gets tedious.

His iPhone jokes were quite nice though.

@ all wise KH, in whose infinite wisdom we bask.

Comment

His portrayal of a "typical" right winger is often very amusing, but at some point, the cynicism goes beyond what is reasonable, and loses its point.

I assume you have never lived in the United States?
                            Eventis is the only refuge of the spammer. Join us now.
                            Long live teh paranoia smiley!

Comment

I agree with Siro. (Don't watch him, don't have TV.) I thought he laid it on too thick with the O'Reilly exchange. I really like it best when you can't quite tell it is a parody.
                              a. it is funnier that way.
                              b. that way, I can just be conservative and agree with him!

I did see one exchange that he had with Fred Barnes, who was pushing a book. Colbert made fun of him for how short it was...calling it an essay. Also, when Barnes told him that there was a really good introduction page, Colbert ripped that page out and threw the rest of the book away. It was funny and Barnes laughed as well.

Comment

Originally posted by TCO
                                Better than some French Eurocom dicklickers that would be speaking German if we hadn't won the war for their cowardly asses.
                                Better than some whiny *****made merchants that'd still have a queen if it wasnt for french support during the revoluton.
                                "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
                                'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

Working...
                                X