No announcement yet.

Colbert meets Papa Bear

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Colbert has been better than Jon Stewart for about a year now.
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Originally posted by TCO
      Colbert is conservative right? But funny about it.
      One of Stephen's recent jokes was that Reagan's birthday was his favorite day of the year. So in a way, yes.
      USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA!
      The video may avatar is from

Comment

Originally posted by Asher
        Colbert has been better than Jon Stewart for about a year now.
        QFT

Colbert started out a little weak, but he really grew into his role. He is hysterical! Stewart is just really funny.

GP, Colbert is not a real conservative. He just plays one on tv.
        Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Meh, that was disappointing.
          "In the beginning was the Word. Then came the ******* word processor." -Dan Simmons, Hyperion

Comment

Originally posted by TCO
            No, he just acts like one on TV.
            “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
            - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Originally posted by Koyaanisqatsi
              Meh, that was disappointing.
              I knew it would be. The format of the show prevents any extended battles between the two.
              Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
              "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

I thought this was about George Halas. I'm dissapointed that they didn't bring him back from the dead. I'm also confused why O'Reilly would be Papa Bear when bears are such a big threat to this nation.
                I never know their names, But i smile just the same
                New faces...Strange places,
                Most everything i see, Becomes a blur to me
                -Grandaddy, "The Final Push to the Sum"

Comment

I think you just got the joke, mact.
                  "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                  Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Originally posted by Zkribbler

O'Reilly is a conservative commentator who refuses to admit he's a conservative.

Colbert is a Jon Stewart wannabe who refuses to admit he's not funny.

Wow. It's like you actually don't realise how wrong you are.
                    12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
                    Stadtluft Macht Frei
                    Killing it is the new killing it
                    Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Originally posted by TCO
                      12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
                      Stadtluft Macht Frei
                      Killing it is the new killing it
                      Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

The Colbert Report is excellent satire. Colbert

Stewart is amusing, but Colbert is definitely better.

-Arrian
                        grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

Papa Bear on Colbert:
                          Stephen Colbert stepped into the "no-spin zone" tonight to chat with his mentor, "Papa Bear" Bill O'Reilly. [media id=124] [

Colbert on Papa Bear:
                          Returning favor, Bill O'Reilly joined Stephen in the real "no-spin zone" known as the Colbert Nation. [media id=1] [media id=2] "
                          "Beware of the man who works hard to learn something, learns it, and finds himself no wiser than before. He is full of murderous resentment of people who are ignorant without having come by their ignorance the hard way. "
                          -Bokonon

Comment

Colbert makes fun of conservatives, even more than Stewart.
                            In da butt.
                            "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
                            THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
                            "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

The advantage is poking self fun (even if Cobert is not really a consie) is infinitely more funny than hysterical ranting types attempting humor. (Exception Louis Black )

Colbert is teh funny.

Cobert is fresh while Stewart uses the same tired format inspired orginally from SNL.
                              "Just puttin on the foil" - Jeff Hanson

“In a democracy, I realize you don’t need to talk to the top leader to know how the country feels. When I go to a dictatorship, I only have to talk to one person and that’s the dictator, because he speaks for all the people.” - Jimmy Carter

Comment

yeah, except colbert isn't self poking fun, because he isn't conservative. He assumes the role to copy O'Reilly, which is a funny show, or sad, depends if you live in this world or some other world.
                                In da butt.
                                "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
                                THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
                                "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

Working...
                                X