Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why are people calling me sir? Am I getting old?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't have any problem getting girls to call me that.

You must be doing something wrong.
    12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
    Stadtluft Macht Frei
    Killing it is the new killing it
    Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Originally posted by KrazyHorse

I call you guys "officer" and keep my hands in plain view at all times (even when I'm pissed off at having been pulled over).

No reason to make a stressful situation any worse...
      The first couple of weeks on the job people would try to get my attention from a ways away by calling out "Officer! Officer!" After they did it about 5 times (and obviously getting pissed that I'm not acknoleging them), I look around and suddenly realize that they were talking to me!

(I don't have this problem now... )
      Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
      1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

I don't recall anyone calling me sir just yet, fortunately!
        Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

In some regions along the Rhine river, people are often called 'young man' or 'young woman'. The older they are, the more often.
          Why doing it the easy way if it is possible to do it complicated?

Comment

Yeah, my friends that are or were policemen always said its good to keep your hand in plain view and don't make any quick moves. Yes, no reason to make a tense situation any worse. I'm always very polite and have sometimes been rewarded with just a warning.
            One of the few times I like to be called MR.

It amazes me that some younger people give the guy crap. THIS IS GOING TO HELP HOW?? The logic behind it is puzzling.
            It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
            RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

I assume these are the same guys who come into court and give the judge crap.

Comment

I see the old timers have now congregated, bemoaning the 'youth of today'
                Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

i call dude workers sir if i dont kno them, doesnt matter how old they are, just cuz i have politeness drilled into my brain.

Comment

I avoided a speeding ticket in the US by being nice to the policeman. I am sure speaking in my best English accent also helped.
                    Is it me, or is MOBIUS a horrible person?

Comment

Originally posted by Provost Harrison
                      I see the old timers have now congregated, bemoaning the 'youth of today'
                      Ok, maybe too much of a generalization. I have to admit that most young people don't give them abuse. But all the ones that i've known or heard about where younger. I still wonder what they hope to accomplish.
                      It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                      RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

When I was your age, we used to throw the old people overboard and if they couldn't swim back to the boat, we left them out there. Whoever didn't make it back to shore... well... we didn't worry about them anymore.

Now it sucks. We have to put up with all you damn senior citizens.

baby boomers
                        To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

I'm quite sure you were never my current age, and with a mouth like yours, I doubt you'll make it.

disrespectful youngsters.
                          RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

haha, you know you are old when you call young people youngsters.

I'm going to seperate myself from this discussion. I'll never be as old as rah. .

I'm still young dammit. I'm only a little over 30. I just keep telling myself I'll never get old. maybe it will happen.

Comment

Yep, slipped on that youngster thing.

It all in the mind.
                              When I turned 30, I told myself, 30 isn't old 40 is.
                              When I turned 40 I told myself, 40 isn't old 50 is.
                              When I turned 50, I told myself, 50 isn't old 60 is.

I hope i have to modify this statement many more times.

Be happy with your youth. It's fleeting.
                              RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Don't trust any body parts over 30.

Comment

Working...
                                X