Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why are people calling me sir? Am I getting old?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why are people calling me sir? Am I getting old?

Surely not. Sir seems like such an insult to me. And it wasn't an employess saying that. It was another customer next to me when I was at the supermarket. Damn punk kids.

Sorry, sir. It won't happen again.
    ~ If Tehben spits eggs at you, jump on them and throw them back. ~ Eventis ~ Eventis Dungeons & Dragons 6th Age Campaign: Chapter 1, Chapter 2, Chapter 3, Chapter 4: (Unspeakable) Horror on the Hill ~

Comment

oh well, at least people aren't helping me accross the street or anything. Of course, you never see anyone do that anymore. If some kid helped an old guy accross the street, they'd probably charge the old guy with sexual assault now days. Times have changed.

Comment

You're not getting young.
        Long time member @ Apolyton
        Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

Thank you sir, may I have another?
          The cake is NOT a lie. It's so delicious and moist.

The Weighted Companion Cube is cheating on you, that slut.

Comment

Haven't you made a similar thread a couple of years ago?
            "Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master" - Commissioner Pravin Lal.

Comment

Originally posted by Eli
              Haven't you made a similar thread a couple of years ago?
              I may have. I'm far too old to remember threads from a couple of years ago.

I just don't remember being called sir back then. But now I was called sir twice in one week. Something is not right.

Comment

Would it have been better if they had called you ma'am?
                ~ If Tehben spits eggs at you, jump on them and throw them back. ~ Eventis ~ Eventis Dungeons & Dragons 6th Age Campaign: Chapter 1, Chapter 2, Chapter 3, Chapter 4: (Unspeakable) Horror on the Hill ~

Comment

good point. I'll have to find something else to complain about.

Comment

So this thread is not entirely useless, we can discuss how some words go obsolete. I think sir will be one of those words.

One more thing about sir is it was the word we used in the navy to refer to officers. That's another reason why I'm uncomfortable being called sir. I was not an officer.

Comment

Dis the polly-wog lol

ex navy myself
                      anti steam and proud of it

CDO ....its OCD in alpha order like it should be

Comment

Re: Why are people calling me sir?

Originally posted by Dis
                        Am I getting old?

I will never understand why some people on Apolyton find you so clever. You're predictable, mundane, and a google-whore and the most observant of us all know this. Your battles of "wits" rely on obscurity and whenever you fail to find something sufficiently obscure, like this, you just act like a 5 year old. Congratulations, molly.

Asher on molly bloom

Comment

I'm not so sure I needed to see that. We need something to spruce up this thread.

Comment

Sir
                            Sir Dis
                            Eventis is the only refuge of the spammer. Join us now.
                            Long live teh paranoia smiley!

Comment

I see those things at Uni every day
                              I will never understand why some people on Apolyton find you so clever. You're predictable, mundane, and a google-whore and the most observant of us all know this. Your battles of "wits" rely on obscurity and whenever you fail to find something sufficiently obscure, like this, you just act like a 5 year old. Congratulations, molly.

Asher on molly bloom

Comment

Working...
                              X