Jiu Jitsu Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jiu Jitsu Questions

Is there anyone who have practice Jiu Jitsu?

Next week, I'll began to practice Jiu Jitsu at my university dojo with one of my friends.

I want to know if it's easy to be injured in Jiu Jitsu?(younger, I had my arm bones fractured)

Is this a good combat(fight?) sport?
    bleh

BJJ is good. Pick it up instead.
    In da butt.
    "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
    THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
    "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

Reading the webpage of my "future" Dojo, it's Brazillian Jiu Jitsu!
      bleh

Comment

I know that all martial arts are practical in real life fight(since it help you develop; speed, tactics, position, etc), but do you if BJJ can be useful in real life fight?
        bleh

Comment

Great. One of the very best choices you could ever make. Sounds cool, that you have that at your Uni, too.

Hopefully you'll enjoy it
          In da butt.
          "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius

Comment

"I know that all martial arts are practical in real life fight"

BS.

"if BJJ can be useful in real life fight?"

YES!

To give you a hint, BJJ is "the style" when it comes to, for example mixed martial arts. People who can't do BJJ, can't compete in todays world of no holds barred fighting. It's a simple fact, usually people combine that BJJ with some striking style, and they're set. But for submissions, ground fighting etc.. BJJ, and nothing else will be a substitute.

Don't worry though, you can get into BJJ fairly easy, you won't learn stuff that isn't useful, and against anyone who isn't an actual fighter, you'll do well even with just BJJ. At least against all the McDojo people, who will be in for a rude awakening.
            In da butt.

Comment

What "no holds barred" fighting? It doesn't exist. Otherwise every match would end with the BJJ practitioner being kneed in the head when he tries to take his opponent down...

Yes, I exaggerate. Just don't take BJJ and think it makes you invincible.
              (\__/) Save a bunny, eat more Smurf!
              (='.'=) Sponsored by the National Smurfmeat Council
              (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

Of course it doesn't make you invincible or any kidn of complete fighter.

Nice way to start an argument though, what you are doing is arguing about semantics, where we both agree, but yet you seem to want to start some crap. Go home, Straybow-san, the world can survive without you!
                In da butt.

Comment

I would like to learn how to fight with whips, imagine, a thieve tries to rob you, and you surprise him with a whip in the face
                  I need a foot massage

Comment

My sister broke both her arms from falling badly after beig thrown in jiu jitsu. You're probably not silly like her... I hope.

Comment

Originally posted by cronos_qc
                      Reading the webpage of my "future" Dojo, it's Brazillian Jiu Jitsu!
                      Go Blanka!

Spec.
                      -Never argue with an idiot; He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Comment

Originally posted by Straybow
                        What "no holds barred" fighting? It doesn't exist. Otherwise every match would end with the BJJ practitioner being kneed in the head when he tries to take his opponent down...

Yes, I exaggerate. Just don't take BJJ and think it makes you invincible.
                        awareness, agility, strenght, speed, self-confidence, and fight technics can only help you when facing danger, or when you have no choice to defend someone or yourself.
                        Last edited by CrONoS; January 12, 2007, 17:34.
                        bleh

Comment

whats the difference, every martial arts have whored out strength and weakness from each other so much in hybrid form these days u cant tell them apart if it wasnt for public display of silly appearance stances.
                          :-p

Comment

@Zero
                            Excuse me, but
                            What is your point? Is it good for self-defense, yes or no?
                            bleh

Comment

Jiu Jitsu is based upon using leverage...throwing you opponent, stuff like that. There are no blows that I know of.

Comment

Working...
                              X