Loose Letters Sink ... Freedom?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KrazyHorse
    AFAIK, it's always been that way. They've never had responsibility for anything they mess up while they're inspecting stuff.
    OK. I suppose it's reassuring that the ancients were as downtrodden as we are.
    Why can't you be a non-conformist just like everybody else?

It's no good (from an evolutionary point of view) to have the physique of Tarzan if you have the sex drive of a philosopher. -- Michael Ruse
    The Nedaverse I can accept, but not the Berzaverse. There can only be so many alternate realities. -- Elok

Comment

12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
      Stadtluft Macht Frei
      Killing it is the new killing it
      Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

*shhh* now you let the bad guys know how this works!

We have to keep them out of the loop! Why do you hate America? This aims at fighting terrorists, you are against this, you must like terrorists!

OMG!

This is rightly deserved, and more to come. People who don't care about their freedom simply don't deserve it. THis is nothing new though, people are like this all over the world. If this happened here, no one would care, even less so.
        In da butt.
        "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
        THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
        "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

Originally posted by Spiffor

Isn't it the whole point of the Echelon programme?
          No thats where we get to intercept emails or phone calls of purely outside US border calls and share them quid pro quo with other echelon member nations.
          "Just puttin on the foil" - Jeff Hanson

“In a democracy, I realize you don’t need to talk to the top leader to know how the country feels. When I go to a dictatorship, I only have to talk to one person and that’s the dictator, because he speaks for all the people.” - Jimmy Carter

Comment

How the hell could anyone who has traveled internationally not know this?
            "The DPRK is still in a state of war with the U.S. It's called a black out." - Che explaining why orbital nightime pictures of NK show few lights. Seriously.

Comment

Good question
              "Just puttin on the foil" - Jeff Hanson

“In a democracy, I realize you don’t need to talk to the top leader to know how the country feels. When I go to a dictatorship, I only have to talk to one person and that’s the dictator, because he speaks for all the people.” - Jimmy Carter

Comment

Originally posted by Patroklos
                Ithink you missed the

It's just another bit of our freedom being unnecessarily given away to the paranoia of the Bush administration. When will this all stop?
                part of the OP
                With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Originally posted by Patroklos
                  Because they don't mail themselves?
                  Why can't you be a non-conformist just like everybody else?

It's no good (from an evolutionary point of view) to have the physique of Tarzan if you have the sex drive of a philosopher. -- Michael Ruse
                  The Nedaverse I can accept, but not the Berzaverse. There can only be so many alternate realities. -- Elok

Comment

Re: Re: Loose Letters Sink ... Freedom?

Originally posted by BlackCat

I seriously doubt that you can remember such a time - they probably have had such right since the creation of Customs.
                    Read post #4 then get back to me.
                    Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Re: Re: Re: Loose Letters Sink ... Freedom?

Originally posted by Oerdin

Read post #4 then get back to me.
                      Don't worry - I read that part too, and that certainly didn't prevent to write what I did.

I might be boring because I have a habit of not writing in a thread if I haven't read all previous postings - contrary to certain others
                      With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

I really don't see a problem. I think it has allways been like this, just so happens, if you attach the words "Homeland Security" into it, it becomes an afront to our rights.

I love the wording on that article, how some new law gives W the right to read my mail. Personally, like.
                        I've allways wanted to play "Russ Meyer's Civilization"

Comment

Originally posted by KrazyHorse
                          Can somebody with some clue please explain to me what the **** legal status signing statements have?
                          They'll get tossed. The constitution spells out how the President can veto a bill but it doesn't mention signing statements where the President can accept some parts of the bill but ignore others. Bush has way over reached on this and eventually the courts will toss it out. It will take time though.

Comment

Originally posted by BlackCat

Go ask you local customs authority - I'll bet that they'll say it's multiple century old tradition
                            Except, if my understanding of Drake's article is correct, Bush is now claiming he can open all mail even if it is purely domestic.

Comment

Originally posted by Ogie Oglethorpe

No thats where we get to intercept emails or phone calls of purely outside US border calls and share them quid pro quo with other echelon member nations.
                              The administration is currently claiming they can also listen in to any purely domestic calls it wants and that it doesn't need any court orders.

Comment

Originally posted by Oerdin

Except, if my understanding of Drake's article is correct, Bush is now claiming he can open all mail even if it is purely domestic.
                                No offense, but both me and a couple of others have stayed on topic and answered the OT. It is after all several years ago since the philiphines got their independency, so it is quite reasonable that customs investigate mail - there is not a clue in your OP that this opening of mailis due to newer legislation.
                                Last edited by BlackCat; January 5, 2007, 17:01.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Working...
                                X