Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WTF is wrong with this thing we call winter?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LordShiva
    lol its teh golbal warmin LOL
    Yep. Al Gore was right. We're all going to die.
    'There is a greater darkness than the one we fight. It is the darkness of the soul that has lost its way. The war we fight is not against powers and principalities, it is against chaos and despair. Greater than the death of flesh is the death of hope, the death of dreams. Against this peril we can never surrender. The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.'"
    G'Kar - from Babylon 5 episode "Z'ha'dum"

Comment

We've had occasional flurries, but they all disappeared within a day or two. An ice storm early this week left about two inches of ice, some of which is still here despite the last three days of 45-55F degree weather (in January, in Maine, which officially qualifies as "ain't right".) Average high temperature for January is 28F, low is 8F.

Starting to get kind of worried about not having any snowpack to melt this summer, too...
      "In the beginning was the Word. Then came the ******* word processor." -Dan Simmons, Hyperion

Comment

Originally posted by Aro
        Global warming, plus El niño...
        This is an effect of El Niño, not global warming.

It's supposed to be 81 in the San Fernando Valley on Monday and 75 in downtown L.A.! Winter, where is thy sting?

Comment

It's going to be a sunny 72F tomorrow in Baltimore
          12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
          Stadtluft Macht Frei
          Killing it is the new killing it
          Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Last winter didn't get serious until mid-January, so I won't give up on this one just yet. Still, December was nothing sort of freakish.
            Why can't you be a non-conformist just like everybody else?

It's no good (from an evolutionary point of view) to have the physique of Tarzan if you have the sex drive of a philosopher. -- Michael Ruse
            The Nedaverse I can accept, but not the Berzaverse. There can only be so many alternate realities. -- Elok

Comment

I remember a mid-january 2005 in Stuttgart: 20C temps, everybody having a beer outside while wearing t-shirts
              "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
              "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
              "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

Victoria and Tasmania in Australia had a white christmas, the snow has been redistributed, so there is no missing snow.

Comment

Originally posted by Zkribbler

This is an effect of El Niño, not global warming.

It's supposed to be 81 in the San Fernando Valley on Monday and 75 in downtown L.A.! Winter, where is thy sting?
                  Actually... Both.
                  RIAA sucks
                  The Optimistas
                  I'm a political cartoonist

Comment

Originally posted by Spiffor
                    I remember a mid-january 2005 in Stuttgart: 20C temps, everybody having a beer outside while wearing t-shirts
                    No pants?!?

Comment

Originally posted by Zkribbler
                      No pants?!?
                      Well, the temperature was sauna-like-ish
                      "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
                      "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
                      "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

I went skiing today. There is still hope of a decent winter!
                        This is Shireroth, and Giant Squid will brutally murder me if I ever remove this link from my signature | In the end it won't be love that saves us, it will be mathematics | So many people have this concept of God the Avenger. I see God as the ultimate sense of humor -- SlowwHand

Comment

Your input is needed over at Eventis, Ari.
                          ~ If Tehben spits eggs at you, jump on them and throw them back. ~ Eventis ~ Eventis Dungeons & Dragons 6th Age Campaign: Chapter 1, Chapter 2, Chapter 3, Chapter 4: (Unspeakable) Horror on the Hill ~

Comment

I ride off (or run if I can't ride) into a random direction, muttering something incomprehensible about better business opportunities.
                            This is Shireroth, and Giant Squid will brutally murder me if I ever remove this link from my signature | In the end it won't be love that saves us, it will be mathematics | So many people have this concept of God the Avenger. I see God as the ultimate sense of humor -- SlowwHand

Comment

ok
                              ~ If Tehben spits eggs at you, jump on them and throw them back. ~ Eventis ~ Eventis Dungeons & Dragons 6th Age Campaign: Chapter 1, Chapter 2, Chapter 3, Chapter 4: (Unspeakable) Horror on the Hill ~

Comment

I am getting tired off the 15-30 mph wind gusts

never been a week straight before
                                anti steam and proud of it

CDO ....its OCD in alpha order like it should be

Comment

Working...
                                X