No announcement yet.

A Hindu view of Christianity

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Because, you create more souls that can ever attain Moksha. What's worse is, where do these souls come from? And where do they go? They can't always have a vessel to inhabit. The whole thing is a mess.
    “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
    "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Originally posted by DaShi
      Because, you create more souls that can ever attain Moksha. What's worse is, where do these souls come from? And where do they go? They can't always have a vessel to inhabit. The whole thing is a mess.
      That's not true. In fact, you betray your ignorance (I'm sorry if this is offensive, but it's true) of the entire system.

All souls attain Moksha.

The souls have different origins depending upon the school of thought you subscribe to.The position of the non-dualists is that they are merely fragments of the consciousness of an attributeless God, which believe they have an independent existence because of delusion caused by the world of maya that is only relatively real.

They go not "go" anywhere. Imagine you have a container which is divided into two by a partition. When the partition is removed, where does the water in that partition "go"? It does not "go" anywhere, it realises that it was under the false idea that it was separate. The realisation that water is water wherever it is is what lifts that partition.

Comment

Originally posted by aneeshm

That's not true. In fact, you betray your ignorance (I'm sorry if this is offensive, but it's true) of the entire system.
        Now you know how we all feel when you talk about Christianity.

All souls attain Moksha.

The souls have different origins depending upon the school of thought you subscribe to.The position of the non-dualists is that they are merely fragments of the consciousness of an attributeless God, which believe they have an independent existence because of delusion caused by the world of maya that is only relatively real.
        Sounds made up to me. But let's look at this. At this time, there are probably over 3 billion people in this world. That's at least 3 billion souls that can achieve Moksha. However, there are significantly more nonhuman individual lifeforms alive at this time. There is no possibility that there will ever be enough humans so that they can all achieve Moshka. Then add that to the fact that very few humans actually achieve Moksha at all.

They go not "go" anywhere. Imagine you have a container which is divided into two by a partition. When the partition is removed, where does the water in that partition "go"? It does not "go" anywhere, it realises that it was under the false idea that it was separate. The realisation that water is water wherever it is is what lifts that partition.
        This is where science beats Hinduism. The water in the partion did go some where. Water is not one wet blob, but the collection of tiny molecules sliding between eachother through electrostatic forces. The molecules from one side move to the other and vice versa. They have to go somewhere as long as thermodynamics requires it.
        Last edited by DaShi; January 6, 2007, 04:42.
        “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
        "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Working...
        X